• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam K30GTvn

Patriot

Flashaholic
My Acebeam k30gt arrives tomorrow...I might have to return it and buy one of Vinh's.

It's definitely one of the more impressive lights to hit the market lately. It's kind of in a class all its own at the moment but I'm eager to see other small/medium SBT90 lights from other manufacturers. I'd love to see Olight make something similar, perhaps even shorter. Heck, I'd even like to see a 26650 based SBT90 light with a 40-45mm head. It would out throw all of the multi-emitter, optics-based lights out there today.

In any case, I think you'll love your new light!

WalkNLight

Newly Enlightened
33qwvuc.jpg

VV3czhg.jpg

What's the specific name of the bezel mod on both the abs? I'm about to order a k39gtvn. Think I like the blueish bezel on the other light.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the specific name of the bezel mod on both the abs? I'm about to order a k39gtvn. Think I like the blueish bezel on the other light.

You should email Vihn. I think the color has to do with the properties of the metal. Some metal properties show different colors. He will be able to tell you. His email is on his skylumen website.

Patriot

Flashaholic

Sorry man, I never saw this. EDIT: that's because you just posted it! haha :laughing: For some reason I thought this was an older post that I missed. I only had to look at the date stamp! I'm not too sharp at times.

It's Polished Heat Colors (PHC) bezel. Polished first, then heat colored. Though these lights are PHC, I think PAHC is my new favorite bezel treatment from Vinh. Just a little more character and more vivid Heat Colors due to the abrasion process.

P = Polished Polishing of factory/stock surface.

HC = Heated Colors factory/stock surface, then heat colored.

PHC = Polished Heated Colors Polished first, then heat colored.

AHC = Abrasion Heated Colors Abrasion surface applied, then heat colored.

PAHC = Polished Abrasion Heated Colors Abrasion surface applied, then partial polished over abrasions, then heat colored.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Heck, I'd even like to see a 26650 based SBT90 light with a 40-45mm head. It would out throw all of the multi-emitter, optics-based lights out there today.

And here it is, other than the 26650 cell format... L16vn90

Indeed, it does out throw all the multi-emitters with the same or similar 40mm head. 4000L, 140Kcd, 748m

I really wish it was a 21700 cell light but the 20700 is no slouch either. I look at this light every day, wondering if it could be bored to accept 21700.:shrug:

Patriot

Flashaholic

To add some clarification to my previous post about the bezel mods, both of the lights in the picture are Polished Heat Colors or PHC. The effect will be slightly different on every single one but if you tell Vinh that you'd like as much blue as possible, I'm sure he'd be work with you on that. Provided the metallurgy is the same, the colors are attained by heating up the metal to different temperatures.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
While hiking and exploring at night, I typically have a headlamp, a handheld light like the FW3A, D4vn, E07vn or D4Svn and a compact thrower like the CatV6vn, GT MINI, T27 or similar, which I belt or pack carry in the water bottle pouch of my backpack. The K30GTvn has pretty much replaced all of the compact, throwers lately. The other lights mentioned work well for pointing and identifying things like animals, signs, structures while the K30GTvn also does that but because of the greater output and larger hotspot, is great for searching and scanning large sections of hillside and canyons.

K30GTvn about 175 yards to beam center. The larger Saguaro cactus out there are 25-35 feet tall.
1F2gceu.jpg

The run times have been surprisingly great on VTC5D's and I get a lot of cumulative time running at turbo, 30-60 seconds at a time. Even though it was about 45°F it seemed like we kept the light pretty toasty during the last 2-3 miles of the hike as my buddy and I passed it back at forth, scanning the terrain for wildlife. After crossing a creek, we thought we heard a bear so as we got higher up the opposite ridge I ran the light on turbo for several minutes trying to find some eye-shine down along the water, through the thick brush and cottonwood trees. I never got to see the bear but the stainless power button and tripod connection were finger burning hot. After what seemed like a better than average workout for the light, it still had 3.49V on two of the cells and 3.50V on the third. It was the icing on the cake after getting some really good use out of the light tonight.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
K30GTvn is one of the best light as of late. There is 2 left in stock. Once these are gone they will likely stay that way for a while. If you want one now is a good time.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I agree with it being one of the best. It has become the light that I grab whenever I need something to exceed the performance of my multi-emitter, optical window lights. It's small enough that I want to reach for it and large enough that it's a reasonably good heatsink, with surprisingly good runtimes. The throw performance from the 57mm head is unexpected and the relatively large hotspot makes it the most useful wildlife finding/viewing flashlight of anything even close to its size. I don't know how it could be any better for me.

tadre1

Newly Enlightened
Hello...I just bought the Acebeam K30gtvn and I am using Orbtronics 3100 18650's...when I go into turbo mode...the light blinks once and turns itself off...I have to unscrew the cap to reboot the light or it will no longer function. I am guessing it's the 18650 cells that I am using?? What 18650 cells do you guys recommend I use. Thank you !

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello...I just bought the Acebeam K30gtvn and I am using Orbtronics 3100 18650's...when I go into turbo mode...the light blinks once and turns itself off...I have to unscrew the cap to reboot the light or it will no longer function. I am guessing it's the 18650 cells that I am using?? What 18650 cells do you guys recommend I use. Thank you !
VTC5D and LG3500 are mentioned by Vinh on the SkyLumen website for this light. Send Vinh an email and let him know what is going on with the flashlight.

Bazar

Newly Enlightened
Vinh had the output figures listed when the thread was started but now they're gone. I'm guessing those were the measured figures (stock), which are quite a bit less than the 5500L claimed by AB. The throw figures were also less, but not as far off. I'm curious to know what the modded figures are, now.
The throw figures are 300,000 cd vs only 260,000 claimed by AB.

As great as he is vihn does not use a 10,000 dollar lumensphere to test his lights, so the claimed 260k cd and 5500 lumen figure is much more accurate. Compared to typical light bulbs whith their figures and other brands like Fenix and Olight, the recommendation is to take it as is.

Output figures aren't even relatively accurate if you aren't using at least 3 or 4 lux meters on your lumensphere, any kind of box test (totally fictitious measurements) etc.

Bazar

Newly Enlightened
I don't think that works. You could have a wider head but for the same dimensional requirement you would have less throw and a wider spill with less corrona.

Sun Boy

Newly Enlightened
Hi Patriot,

Thanks for the comprehensive write up.

I was all set to get the T27 until reading your comments. I will use the light for remote bushwalking, camping and general household use from time to time.

I currently have the Catapult V6 and wanted something with a bit more throwI also have a Thrunite TC20. From what I have read the difference compared to a V6 will be quite noticeable. Will also provide some flood. This light may be all I need in one light!

Just wanted to ask about

1) the heat generated by the light. Could you use on high for say 1 hour and still be able to hold comfortably?

2) the weight. For the average walk of say 1 hour do you feel the light is too heavy? I note you take the T27 on longer walks.

Many thanks.

Simon