ACEBEAM K75 Review

sumterjr

Newly Enlightened
After 1 minutes the K75 will only have 2/3 the intensity of the GT but still a wider hotspot and more lumen output.

Gigaslux

Newly Enlightened
Only 90 secs of turbo runtime is really little. It makes this light almost useless. What a pity...

jrgold

Enlightened
i have a k75 and really like it. I find it more useful than my osram lights. Yes, it does step down, but you just don't need max intensity for longer than a quick look far into the distance. Lower levels are plenty bright, it's a useful balance of lumens, candela, throw, and flood. I also like that there isn't a noisy fan, and that it doesn't have moving parts that can break down the road. The only downside is it's physical size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
K75 was the first light I actually felt scared to use anywhere outside. So much power-- too much power-- in the hands of one person.

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
I've owned one for several months now. I'm on the fence about sending mine to Vinh to be modded, the wow factor hasn't worn off yet. Maybe then.

One overlooked thing about the K75 is it has a wonderful low mode that is perfect for up close without blasting your eyes.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is flat top LG MJ1 working in K75?
I don't know. My guess is that for more performance, use lower capacity cells, and for more runtime, use higher capacity cells.

---------------
For less performance, use smaller flashlights, and for most performance, use larger flashlights.

sp5it

Enlightened
I don't know. My guess is that for more performance, use lower capacity cells, and for more runtime, use higher capacity cells.
So if you don't know why you recommend that cells? Those won't work in K75.
Mike

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
So if you don't know why you recommend that cells? Those won't work in K75.
Mike

I don't know why Skylumen recommends the LG's, there are higher performing 18650's. I recommend using either Sony VTC6 18650 button tops, or Acebeam's own 18650's, which I believe are just the VTC6's but with a different wrapper.

Bazar

Newly Enlightened
I don't know why Skylumen recommends the LG's, there are higher performing 18650's. I recommend using either Sony VTC6 18650 button tops, or Acebeam's own 18650's, which I believe are just the VTC6's but with a different wrapper.

The INR cells are what I plan to use. Just get button tops and if needed, lightly solder a small steel plate to the negative of the battery or just bend the springs a little. In my X80GT and K30GT I bent the springs of the holder a little to use flattop cells just fine.