• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam T27vn - Best 21700 Thrower R

AmericanDissent

Enlightened
Emitter vs turn-on vs ANSI, plus calibration of measuring devices all mean we're often seeing wildy varying numbers, but I agree, I don't think 50.2's are putting those numbers out the front, at least not sustained. That's upper 70.2 territory, isn't it?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Some reviewers here.

In one of those videos in particular, I'm skeptical of the way he calculated his lux readings at distance.

As a reference Vinh, what is the highest output you've experience from a XHP50.2? IIRC may be 3800-4000 & Turn On

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Emitter vs turn-on vs ANSI, plus calibration of measuring devices all mean we're often seeing wildy varying numbers, but I agree, I don't think 50.2's are putting those numbers out the front, at least not sustained. That's upper 70.2 territory, isn't it?

70.2 can hit up to 6000-7000 lumen ;-)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
The bar has been raised for single cell reflector thrower!

T21vn Oslon Black 735L, 615Kcd
T27vn W1.1 750L, 650Kcd

Eb7dZi1.jpg

2Jumygd.jpg

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried the W1.1 with a 6amp linear driver from led4power, Vinh? It should be able to drive the W1.1 to more than 750 lumens. That LED is capable of 1000 lumens (of course there is loss from reflector and less than ideal heat sinking).

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Have you tried the W1.1 with a 6amp linear driver from led4power, Vinh? It should be able to drive the W1.1 to more than 750 lumens. That LED is capable of 1000 lumens (of course there is loss from reflector and less than ideal heat sinking).

I actually have to limit cureent to the LED to protect it. But May be I should push a little hard to see if it can handle it.

FILA BRAZILIA

Enlightened
When comparing the beams produced by W1.1 and W2, are they nearly identical? (I think you described the W2 beam as perfect)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
When comparing the beams produced by W1.1 and W2, are they nearly identical? (I think you described the W2 beam as perfect)

W2 is is Perfect. W1.1 is great but not Perfect. Hard to describe but pictures won't show anything. Either way the beams of both LEDs are great in this light. Also your screen name looks familiar and I havnt seen u post for awhile.

FILA BRAZILIA

Enlightened
If I intend to use a thrower light a lot on Turbo, will it be a problem with the T27vn? (Overheat issues) Maybe the TN42vn with W2 is a better idea? Been a while since my last activity, you remember well. :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
If I intend to use a thrower light a lot on Turbo, will it be a problem with the T27vn? (Overheat issues) Maybe the TN42vn with W2 is a better idea? Been a while since my last activity, you remember well. :)

T27vn and w2 has little heat issues. I have not ran until too hot too hold but I am sure it would take a long time.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I'm curious if anyone has a solution for the T27's, 4 prong, detonator style grip ring. I've been belt carrying this light while hiking and grip ring gets hung up on the holster when I want to use it quickly.

Thanks in advance for any help in this area.

Edit: Unsurprisingly, this was a stupid question. For some reason, I had initially though that the tailcap had to make contact on this design. This was reinforced when I removed it one time and screwed the tailcap back on and it didn't work. Upon looking at it, I just removed the ring and stuck a fat o-ring on, in place of the detonator ring. But thanks for letting me ask silly questions first and use my brain later. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Vinh, I'd love to see what the SBT-90 G2 would do in this light, if you have time. Alternatively, I could just send you mine and have you put one in.

Actually, I should probably send you an email on this...

Latest posts