• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R (DISCONTINUED SOON)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R

Anybody else see this on Acebeams homepage?

Acebeam W30 Discontinuation Notice - http://www.acebeam.com/acebeam-w30-discontinuation-notice

AB rep told me of this discontinuation. Now its official. If you want a W30 or W30vn now is the time. They will run out VERY soon. I personally only have a few left in stock. Hong Kong ban imports of LEP lights too so I have folks in Hong Kong trying everything they can to get one hahah.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Everybody using those W30s in the protests, citizens and police alike.

I wonder if Acebeam has any future plans for LEP tech.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Everybody using those W30s in the protests, citizens and police alike.

I wonder if Acebeam has any future plans for LEP tech.

I think the shortage with LEP emitters will be problem for not just AB.

busseguy

Enlightened

I'm assuming the W10 will also be discontinued as well?

dmsoule

Newly Enlightened

AB rep told me of this discontinuation. Now its official. If you want a W30 or W30vn now is the time. They will run out VERY soon. I personally only have a few left in stock. Hong Kong ban imports of LEP lights too so I have folks in Hong Kong trying everything they can to get one hahah.

Do you have any 4000k or high CRI w30s left?

SKV89

Enlightened

Received my CW W30vn from Vinh yesterday and just tested it tonight. I measured fully charged output at 495 lumens at 2s. Vinh tested this at 2.45MCD. Man this thing is crazy. It is much more intense than my W30vn HI CRI that tested at 300 lumens and 1.3MCD when compared side by side. I measured the beam with a spectrometer.

At very center of hotspot:
CCT: 32736K
DUV: 0.0095
Ra (CRI): 64.9
R9: -69.7
R12: 9.5
Rf: Over
Rg: Over

At corona:
CCT: 3570K
DUV: 0.0168
Ra (CRI): 65.7
R9: -48.0
R12: 9.5
Rf: 69
Rg: 89

The beam looks like one little hotspot. However, within that little hotspot, there's major tint shift with a super CW nucleus to WW ring. The transition is gradual. However in actual use, it isn't very distractive and I can't really tell the center is that CW. From far away, it looks about CCT: 6500K. Color rendering for sure is not as good as LEDs flashlights though.

daffy

Enlightened

I put a green filter on mine and i like it!!

Icehole

Enlightened

I received my entry ticket into the W30 raffle last week.

i think I won! :D

Vinh tested it as 2.45mcp, 540 lumens, and a throw of 3,131 meters :huh:

very, very happy with this light, my new favorite!

just amazing throw on this!

thanks Vinh!

edit:

Looks like he has one left! "+2.5MCD"

https://skylumen.com/products/one-off-w30vn-extra

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Newest W30vn High is 2.74Mcd!!!!

Funny thing is the last one I have too. What a coincidence! All suppliers are out. I might get to keep this! ahha

Last edited:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think you should, you deserve it. That sample is 1million more than mine. How's that even possible haha
Great work

Funny thing is the last one I have too. What a coincidence! All suppliers are out. I might get to keep this! ahha

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

The beam on this one is unusually tight.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast

What would it take to get one to 3Mcd?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

How much would it cost to let those balls hang and boost to get it over the 3Mcd hump?
Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

At the moment Ebay is the only place for W30 at $289. So I guess it would hang at $289! And thats only if we are lucky to strike a GREAT sample so start with. HAHA

daffy

Enlightened

Is there a type of lens/cover that can diffuse the beam into a pleasant optic-like way to increase usability? I know it kind of defeats the purpose, but what if it were removable/interchangeable, or gave a new beam pattern while still maintaining epic throw? Especially in a Hi CRI version. Possibilities!!! Any ideas towards this direction?
I use an Olight green filter on mine, gives a little diffusion plus loads of pencil beam still

Patriot

Flashaholic

6IcHZA1.jpg

EnFBStu.jpg

hZd5Ec4.jpg

I've been thinking about doing something like this for about a year now and even experimented with a 34mm scope ring on a Catapult V6vn. It worked but the red dot that I had laying around was an older Tasco AccuDot in silver. It was as long as the V6vn and nearly as large but the proof of concept worked. After that I went to a 1" 25mm ring with a small section of Picatinny rail attached. I removed an Aimpoint Micro from a rifle and mounted it on the rail. It stuck up a little but enough to clear the T27's head to see over it.

Three perfect things came together for the W30, an ideal beam, 1/4" tripod adaptor built into the light, and a spare optic that was no longer needed on a firearm. The best part is that this optic is way smaller than any other extra optic that I have, which prompted me to finally figure out the pieces and mount it to the W30.

I'm sure people are wondering.... Why? Well, I've always been fascinated at the idea of flashlights for long distance signalling. Often, when I hike up local mountains, it's pretty common that I have line of sight to landmarks and people. One of the areas I hike has line of sight to my place of work, which is 7 miles away. Sometimes I'll call the team and say, "hey, look up at Three Peaks!" and I'll shine at their location, the best that I'm able to in broad daylight. They shout back through the phone and exclaim, "WE SEE YOU!!" Everyone gets a big laugh out of it and they shine mirrors back at me as well, while I watch through the binoculars. My record distance with picture confirmation is 14 miles, with a TN32UT although I've been in communication at 21 miles using the the T27. It was seen with the naked eye at that distance at 10:00am. The reason for the sight is to allow me to point the beam, even if I can't actually see the beam.

CatV6vn 7 miles
Lam42FP.jpg

TN32UT 14 miles
VdZyycV.jpg

In any case, I'm pretty confident that the W30 could be seen at 50+ miles in daylight, I just need to set it up and do it. Next week I'll be trying out this set-up at about 25 miles, just to get an idea of how bright it is.

Last edited:

Mattflash

Newly Enlightened
Just received my second w30 and it has a diffuse white filter instead of the red one...I can now use it as a wide flood as well as being an amazing tight beam well chuffed... I haven't seen this option shown I will try post pics when I learn how to lol