Acebeam X45 review with measurements (4x XHP70, 4x 18650)

Angeloflight

Newly Enlightened
I have another question when I use x45 why does the lens get a little foggy, like moisture inside? is thus normal?

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have another question when I use x45 why does the lens get a little foggy, like moisture inside? is thus normal?

It is not uncommon. And usually will go away in time.

If your light gets too hot run it on a lower mode or shut it off.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK I have another question. I'm kinda new to all this and my X45 6500k will be here today! How Do I cool the flashlight when it gets hot? What's the best way? Thanks.
Turn it down (Lower brightness) or turn it off, simple as that.

The relationship between perceived brightness and heat produced is not linear. That is to say... turbo makes much more heat than high, which makes much more than medium.

Edit: just noticed noboneshotdog addressed this in the last reply to the other question. Sorry NBHD.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Turn it down (Lower brightness) or turn it off, simple as that.

The relationship between perceived brightness and heat produced is not linear. That is to say... turbo makes much more heat than high, which makes much more than medium.

Edit: just noticed noboneshotdog addressed this in the last reply to the other question. Sorry NBHD.

Nope. All good Bdm82. :poke:

Angeloflight

Newly Enlightened
Toggleing through all the modes including high on 9000 lumens and turbo at 16000 lumens had the red indicator light indicateing that my batteries were low within 30 minutes or less it seemed? That's fast!!! And plus the light got real hot!! When I use a flashlight I can't help but skim through all the modes including turbo. I guess this light drains batteries fast on turbo. So IMO the flashlight has poor run times.
Another thing my light started flickering with Samsung 30 q batteries in there???

But the color on the 6500k was good!

Last edited:

Zak

Enlightened
Toggleing through all the modes including high on 9000 lumens and turbo at 16000 lumens had the red indicator light indicateing that my batteries were low within 30 minutes or less it seemed?

With decent efficiency (100lm/W), you can make 1000 lumens for an hour with a ~10Wh 18650. That translates to 16,000 lumens from four 18650s for 15 minutes, except that both efficiency and battery capacity are reduced at that level.

In other news, a top-fuel dragster has a fuel range of just over a quarter mile.

Gary0918

Newly Enlightened
can anyone recommend me some batteries for my new x45 please,very new to high powered flashlights.a link will be much appreciated. thank you

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
The person that did the review states that the batteries are likely button top Sony VTC6 which you can find at Mountain Electronics or any other battery retailer you prefer.

grioces

Newly Enlightened
It is inconsistent. The X65 that has "only" 12000 Lm is almost the double in size of the X45 that has 16500Lm! You cannot hold the X45 when in Turbo Max for more than 1 or 2 minutes. The torch becomes so burning that you cannot even press the metal button! This would be a good 4000Lm light. Turbo and turbo max are useless and are implemented just to make this simple torch more attractive. Other contradiction: The light needs high drain batteries for better result but wants protected battery - that have usually 10A - to be safer as the cells are in series. This torch would need an internal fan like the New Olight X9 or the Powertac 10500Lm.

Correct. It is an interesting experience to hold a light that is fast becoming molten metal and realize it is too hot to safely turn it off. All in less than a minute or so. Not useful in the real world or even much fun to play with. And too large to carry for lower output levels. I returned the one I had and won't be missing it. They could take a lesson from the folks at Noctigon imo

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is inconsistent. The X65 that has "only" 12000 Lm is almost the double in size of the X45 that has 16500Lm! You cannot hold the X45 when in Turbo Max for more than 1 or 2 minutes. The torch becomes so burning that you cannot even press the metal button! This would be a good 4000Lm light. Turbo and turbo max are useless and are implemented just to make this simple torch more attractive. Other contradiction: The light needs high drain batteries for better result but wants protected battery - that have usually 10A - to be safer as the cells are in series. This torch would need an internal fan like the New Olight X9 or the Powertac 10500Lm.
Interesting observations.

The X45vn mod is 25,000 lumens. Twenty-five thousand L words. For how long, before depletion, melt down or uncontrolled fission? I will have to buy the Vinh mod version and find out for myself.

maukka: Thank you for your detailed and valuable review.
Also, in addition to what grioces indicates in the post located above this post,

I got the 25,000 lumen Vinh54 version, shortly after I posted directly after the post that I quoted, a few months ago. I love it. This item is my current Flood King. I use it every night for work purposes. Yes, I use max mode and higher modes in short burst only, and I use longer run time in medium mode or lower mode.

I ahve several flooders, and there are newer flooders that I have not purchased yet. The X45Vinh mod is what I need and like in a flooder. I like lights that are capable of releasing the full power of the fuel supply in a brief blaze of glory. There are lights that are more powerful than the X45, but some less throw. There are lights that have some more throw, but not as many lumens. That is why I have several lights in my collection.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too love my Vinh modded X45vn. It's like a supernova, both bright & hot! This is what makes it fun, but, it has an all but forgotten beautiful low mode.

SonShine

Newly Enlightened
after reading through all of this I come away with the fact that the NW X45 is the choice if one wants a bit more pleasing light?

Also is the build quality of the X45 close to the X7? I like that the X45 is a little less expensive than the X7 ( all up ready to use price).

Thoughts, Ideas?

I need a good light and have been studying these lights for several months....tia!

Keitho

Enlightened
Also is the build quality of the X45 close to the X7? I like that the X45 is a little less expensive than the X7 ( all up ready to use price).

Thoughts, Ideas?

I need a good light and have been studying these lights for several months....tia!

I don't have the x45, but my impression of my x7vn is very high quality. It is only 21,000 lumens, but I've been managing to make due...[emoji12]

SonShine

Newly Enlightened
Beyond the "fun with flashlights" thing... there is a serious side to this. I am in need of flashlight for hurricanes and other issues. I have 4 small Olights, but nothing in the realm of a X7 etc. After reading and reading and reading... I have narrowed it down to the Acebeam X45 or the X7. I like the X7R, but not being able to swap out the batteries in addition to the leaky charge port takes it off the list for ultimate survival tool.

Question : Drop forged steel drops the X7 from 50 ft and freezes it etc. Does any one know if the Acebeam X45 is almost as durable?

I have been looking for links to the Acebeam X45 here but no luck. Would someone be so kind as to copy paste links so I can learn as much as possible about the X45?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beyond the "fun with flashlights" thing... there is a serious side to this. I am in need of flashlight for hurricanes and other issues. I have 4 small Olights, but nothing in the realm of a X7 etc. After reading and reading and reading... I have narrowed it down to the Acebeam X45 or the X7. I like the X7R, but not being able to swap out the batteries in addition to the leaky charge port takes it off the list for ultimate survival tool.

Question : Drop forged steel drops the X7 from 50 ft and freezes it etc. Does any one know if the Acebeam X45 is almost as durable?

I have been looking for links to the Acebeam X45 here but no luck. Would someone be so kind as to copy paste links so I can learn as much as possible about the X45?
in addition to this topic thread that we are in now, there is this: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ight-Review-(4x-XHP70-4x-18650-16-500-lumens)