• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam X45vn - ARK (25K Lumen)

EDness

Newly Enlightened
Have you thought of getting .2 LEDs swapped in instead? 21000 lumens from this light is well and truly on par with the X45vn because of the size difference. More flood, but at that output they both bulldoze their way to a bit of throw. [emoji4]

I may have considered a mod if not for the freight cost from Oz. I do like the form of the X7. Olight lights have such a quality feel.

I've asked Vinh about it but he has to gut the light and replace everything in it...so not cost effective. I do want to change the LED to NW as I'm becoming a tint snob. Right now the X7vn is a shelf queen.

I wanted the X45vn, but i got a deal on the stock X45 and it comes with batteries. I'll see what Vinh can do with the new X80.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not have the X7 in stock or Vinh version, nor in 70 or 70.2 version. Of course, the X7vn 70.2 would be the screamer for its size; one size class smaller that the X45.

X45vn 70.2 cw: Tint: Small room ceiling bounce is a super crisp super white. Oh so super bright, oh so super sharp, oh so creamy white.

Outdoor beam profile compared to TK75vnQ70: The X45vn 70.2 has a wider central portion of the beam, and brighter spill, too. Throw appears, to my eyes, to be very similar.

By the way, of course, lower modes are useful for fuel supply conservation and heat management.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
What? V54 lights have lower modes?
I should explore that sometime... Nah! ;)
I think it required by law. Vinh lights are legal in all states, but some jurisdictions require a cooling-off period.

-------------
If it is too light weight to do bicep curls, then it is not too heavy to hip holster edc.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
So regarding about x45vn tint.. our eyes can be deceiving.. first I play with rc40vn 70.2.. then I light up x45vn 70.2. it look blue to me, but it's not... Because our eyes are used to adapt cool white... I asked 2 of my buddy to describe the x45vn.. they didn't mention blue tint.. x45vn look more light yellow to them..

luxxlightsaber

Enlightened
Ok just finished rushfit abdominal video going to rest for 20 minutes drink some protein and walk the dog with the x45vn then I'll let you know what I think!!!!!!

Ok here we go! I really don't have anything negative to say about this light. It has such a nice beam profile I mean .uk don't have anything like or have seen such a usable beam profile ever. Super wide spill and the power is just plain ridiculous I really felt like I was holding something from the future and I was not supposed to have it. This light just kicks butt big butt!!! It's the best vn light I have ever had. It deserves a double R!!!! Nice color too. It's so bright it impressed me a true Flashaholic Hardcore since 2004.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pic: X65vn with its own tube, X45vn70.2 with X65 tube, and X65vn with X45 tube. In the background: P60vn Quad XPL 8 volts. Cryos Cu head.

I have not emailed Vinh to ask him if it is ok to run the lights with the power sources swapped, so they are just posing for the photo with the tubes swapped.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Ven,

No, I have not measured, but voltage should be ok/fine. Amp supply, on the other hand, could be different. That is, if the cells in the X65 are not super ultra high drain, the X65 tube may not fully power the X45.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine will be at my door in 15 hours. Four purple Efest 35A 2500mAh imr unprotected button tops are charging, just for the occasion

It will be interesting to see what the tint profile looks like to me. I fully expect that tint will be all ok/fine with me.

I know that my eyes see tint differently from you eyes. How do I know? Because...

because.... Because one of my eyes sees tint differently from the other. This is true. I am not making this up.

-------------
I should see an ophthalmologist for a full eye examination. Because I want to... See More

It's normal. Most people can't notice the difference. According to my ophthalmologist. Probably it was more noticeable to me because I'm a photographer and also an archer and shooter whereby I would switch eyes often

EDness

Newly Enlightened
I really want the X65 battery pack for my X45, but battery packs have a shelf life. Just not logical for me.