• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam X45vn - ARK (25K Lumen)

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Acebeam X45vn - Flood Search Light (Pre-Order)

X45vn XHP70 Cool White Shave Dome
Lumen: 16,000
Lux: 140K
Throw: 748m

That's great throw for so many lumens!
A super flooder that can push some distance! I vote the X45vn to be King of Flood!

(I know the "Ideals" are brighter, but they are in a different price category & only a few produced.)

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't think I've seen the numbers for the xhp70.2 yet in comparison to the xhp70 but if the general concept is the same as the xhp50.2 vs the xhp50, then would there really be a need to have orange peel reflectors on these .2 LEDs? I don't ever notice the + on the xhp35 in my m30cvn35T (unless it's on 1% and from a foot away... and that's more the "donut hole" than the "+"). Being a multi-emitter light, the x45vn really shouldn't have that problem anyways.

unless, of course, there's a different reason for having OP that i'm being completely ignorant of.

ven

Flashaholic

eek, other reasons for OP reflectors are to smooth out the hot spot transition and to reduce the chance of any rings in the beam. Of course this also reduces the kcd......

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Not only that this light is amazing it really shows how far Acebeam has come about. I took the light to the gym last night. ON the way I stopped by a large open field and that's where it really shine. Makes the headlight of my car non-existent. I am go glad Acebeam went with a carrier set up.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not only that this light is amazing it really shows how far Acebeam has come about. I took the light to the gym last night. ON the way I stopped by a large open field and that's where it really shine. Makes the headlight of my car non-existent. I am go glad Acebeam went with a carrier set up.

Yes.. i think shave dome works well on the orange peel reflector... i have k60vn shave dome and t25vn shave dome on the orange peel reflector.. The beam is perfect, and all the lumen going to the hot spot.. i didnt experience any rings, donut hole or so on.. so i might go with spec 3 6500k.

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened

So is a battery carrier better than the drop in type, like the T6vn? I actually like the drop in style because it is easier for me to change batteries in the field.

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast

Definitely want to see the specs of the 70.2 That beam shot video was great! This is a must have for sure

:bow::bow::bow: Vin

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast

It was reported on the German forum that the heads and bodies of the X45 and the X65 are interchangeable. Same threading, same voltage, same power performance.

Swapping the bodies yields an X65 that is more compact, but less runtime; and an X45 with more runtime, but less compact.

The posted pic is oh so cute: http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/threads/acebeam-x45-vs-acebeam-x65.55944/#post-780374

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

That brings up a question. Since the X45 has more lumen output than the X65, why doesn't the X45 come with the larger battery? Seems backwards to me.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast

That brings up a question. Since the X45 has more lumen output than the X65, why doesn't the X45 come with the larger battery? Seems backwards to me.
Power Flood, versus Search and Rescue.

Search and Rescue lights have some more throw, and therefore less total lumens. (due to smaller emitters)

They will not get hot as fast, they can be run longer.

Power Flooders have larger size emitters, generate more heat, can't be run as long.

People who use flooders can quickly locate the target object, due to shorter range of use, and wider illumination area.

People who use search and rescue lights need to run the light longer, because they are targeting a small target in a wide area at longer range with a narrower beam.

Because power flooders can't be run as long, and don't need to be run as long;

and because search and rescue lights can be run longer, and need to be run longer, search and rescue lights come fitted with extra fuel supply.

ven

Flashaholic

I think good points, would be interesting if they did something like fenix do with run time kit/s. I would guess at acebeam aiming towards the compact part of their model range. They have the x65 for the large S&R, so this for the more compact area. Also it will not run too long before stepping down to a more sustainable output, if after an hour or so use , then swap out cells(pita i know with carriers). I think more for turbo modes scanning an area, then drop down to 2-4000lm type levels for closer up searching/prolonged uses. I do think we are spoilt, 20yrs back we had an incan bulb doing the S&R.......maybe lucky for a few 100 lumens.

It would be cool if they made the x65 handle compatible with other models in their range(think tiny monster), for extra flexibility for those who may need it.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Has anyone received thier X45vn yet?

Not yet. I am like 18 or something.. i cant decide on the led either. Maybe xhp 70 sd or xhp 35.

Batterier carrier are interchangeable between x45, k60, and k70.

hhmoore

Newly Enlightened

Has anyone received thier X45vn yet?
I got in on the first batch; but no.
I did receive a tracking number a couple of days ago...but I have no idea which light is coming. Of course, Vinh is intentionally torturing me (and probably others) by posting only the specs for the SD...making me question my decision (spec 1).

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I wanted to hold off shipping the SD orders as I want to confirm that the owners wants to keep their orders after seeing 70.2 numbers. I ordered a HUGE batch of .2 LEDs but they are not here yet. I am extremely impatient too as I have so many projects lined up for these LEDs.

wolfstyle

Enlightened

Do you think 20,000 lumen is possible with the 70.2 LEDs?