Acebeam X65vn early impressions/thoughts

ven

Flashaholic
HUGE thanks to vinh for his amazing work as always, takes a great light and makes it astonishing and pushes more lumens out further each time. :cool:

This is going to be pic heavy as i like to talk through pics(1 pic=1000 words:p) These are initial impressions, pics and some beam pics. I will add further as time goes on as too early for any long term impressions(obviously) .
Specs

Spec 2: XHP35 Neutral White + DriverVNX2 + Improved Thermal Efficiency $600
ANSI
Lumen: 10,500
Lux: 620K
Throw: 1,575m

Straight away you get the quality feel, excellent presentation above and beyond most manufacturers. The case(i was expecting flimsy) is pretty decent and more than up to the job of storing/transporting around.

Contents

Spare O rings,

charger,

strap

Box is in layers

DHT is amazing

Slip ring for strap

Strap can attach at multiple points around the head

Size next to the rc40vnT

The weight /balance and feel is very similar, solid feel of quality and would say on par with Fenix's flagship.............but more intricate(more details). Knurling is smooth but has a gripy feel and perfect. Acebeam really do a nice job on their lights!
5x xhp35 HI V 6x xm-l2 de-dome

Being larger and deeper in the reflector wells, gives more noticeable petals on the beam over the rc40vnT. I thought it may be a distraction but its not and in real life, no worse than most multi emitter lights(like the 3 LED and 4 LED tk75's to name some).

Head to head

The single switch works pretty much perfect in feel, when you compare say against the m43vn's button......its chalk and cheese. Press/hold or just click away, you get what you want each time and every time.

Rear ends:naughty:

End contact of the body/handle/battery section

Beefy spring on the head contact

Posing pics

Business end:naughty::naughty:

In hand size

The 5000k xhp35 HI's are real nice, trouble is its froze outside so everything looks..........well frozen:tinfoil: So although beam pics wont be too accurate anyway, dont take as actual colour temps as the ground looks washed out due to frost.

These pics are just from this evening, foggy/misty across the field and lake , so visibility was poor at best. However you should have a comparison with a couple of other v54 lights(m43vn 11k PDT, k60vn and rc40vnT).

Callum my little helper assisted me so i could get a little angle on some pics. Please excuse phone pics as a few variables, mist/fog changing during time there. Will be back out soon for (i hope anyway) a clearer night.
m43vn

Yes thats his breath in the cold, around -1 to -2 oC
k60vn

x65vn 5000k(NW)

When you click that switch you get 10,500lm and a big :grin2:

Close up of hot spot

mist/fog

Few rc40vnT

rc40vnT is neater around the spill edge due to shallower reflectors i presume and how the overlap. The x65vn is around 50% more in output, so considerable and noticeable in the hot spot intensity. Heat from the x65vn is quite a bit more noticeable................well nearly 4000lm more from a similar mass will make a difference. Would say around 2 mins of use before getting moderately hot . By that i mean not hot enough to hurt, but its getting to a point your conscious of dialling it back a bit.
x65vn/rc40vnT

X65vn

I must say to this day, nothing has impressed me more in the throw department...............but to have lots of bright spill as well, for me is a huge bonus.

The hot rock!

I found i just could not stop aiming it all around.................

Finished off with a little climb.........." no callum, think i might need to hold your light"

Frozen ground, hence colours will not show very well

I am sure more will come to mind, if anyone wants some pics of specific shots or close ups of light , just fire away and will do my best. Will add impressions down the line as i get some time .

Have the UI on drivervnx2 set on mode 9(4 mode with memory) level 2 which is 20% has it more than covered!!!! for those walks. Quick double tap for 100% to blast away the rest of the darkness when needed.

One word.............astonishing. For the highest output thrower from an LED , the x65vn has it covered very well. Will get some 50% heat/run time tests in soon but i am sure it will handle that fine. Those xhp35 HI's kick out some heat:devil:, not sure if its partly down to the voltage they are driven by or just they way they seem.

Thanks for looking if you got this far.

:)

drummer132132

Enlightened
Awesome pics...beam is great and tint is amazing. Looking forward to your thoughts as they come.

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW--- I wish I liked multi emitter (with reflector) lights---Looks like Jr. (Cullum) got himself a nice light there--Ven you should of bought 2--you know your daughter needs one to

billabong

Newly Enlightened
Like a K70vn throw AND a K60vn flood, mixed into one, with the lumens at a spinal tapped 11 :) ?

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Thanks for comments , regarding K70vn and k60vn in one......not really . There is 3000lm more than both combined in the x65vn, spill is wider and not as "perfect" with the single reflector lights. The extra 50 or so kcd at 620kcd on top(no doubt would need binoculars to notice ). But the hot spot is larger from the multi LED's as well, and a 5000k neutral tint. So too many differences still.........x65vn is a one off in the acebeam range , presumably similar to the tn40vn with the xhp35's(4 of in that light).

ven

Flashaholic
Funny you should say that MAD as he noticed some walkers as I was getting some lights ready......aiming 100% x65vn at them across the field "look daddy dog walkers" :eek:.......".quick quick aim over there callum" They were fine and shone back with something ............They must have thought WT.......

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great write up Ven! Amazing how similar the two big lights beams look pointing towards the sky, except for tint. I guess this officially removed rc40vnT from the lineup?

ven

Flashaholic
I have a lot of love for the rc40vnT liteboy, dual wielding EDC's is the new way forward (richbuff will already be doing that I bet).

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, this light and on rotation, other as listed in my signature, for my night walks.

Thank you for your Early Impressions!

This light has big light performance in a big light. :)

And, proper balance of power and throw. Not all throw with low power/low beam width, not all flood with low throw. This is the beam profile/performance that we have been waiting for!

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
Callum - 'look daddy dog walkers'

:faint:.......

ven - '.quick quick aim over there callum'

They were fine and shone back with something ............They must have thought WT.......

Daddy Dog Walkers: Aka Daddy Longleg Dog Walkers. Theraphosa Canis familiaris. Beastly arachnids that use animal hosts to survive. Adult DDWs can grow to heights of 10ft (3.048 meters) and are native to the UK posessing powerful toxins that affect the brain of its prey. The result of a single bite causes total loss of bodily control (not to be confused with paralysis). As the spider injects its webbing through the nape, into the spinal cord of its victim the webbing connects with the toxins within the brain to form a neural connection directly from the spider itself, thus rendering its host into a living attachment of the spider until it dies of malnutrition. A single spider can have multiple hosts and are known to use them to offensively, defensively, and to lure in more potential hosts. Severing the connection from the spider appears to release the brain from its control but as the spinal cord is damaged, the host cannot regain the use of its body.

Daddy Dog Walkers are known to 'walk' their hosts in a fashion similar to humans walking their dogs, hence it's name.

In recent generations, the spiders appear to have developed a taste for young humans as they provide excellent agility, serve to draw more humans, and tend to have more fat content than most other animals.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing:

Wonder if OG was a spider in his past life , and rubbed off in this ,with all his hosts:D

All being well, will get out this weekend for a bit of time and impressions of the lower modes(20-70%).

Look forward to your impressions NL, I would imagine similar in ways to the tn40vn . It's a nicely balanced light(none technical here), head removed and both seem quite close in weight(battery/handle and head).

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent write up ven, thanks for showing off the big guns in your lineup! The X65 certainly looks built for output and heat management.

With your lightsaber shots, is the RC on the right of the left? The way I read it, the RC looks more neutral than the X65.

Awesome beam pics as usual! Well done for braving the cold, it felt like I was there! it was 40 degrees C here today and I nearly grabbed another layer anyway. [emoji16]

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing: 40oC !!!! I would struggle in that heat, think highest uk has seen is low 30's and that's not for long periods(few days). In the cooler months, it's nice to have hand warmers instead of numb/frozen fingers. Gloves and iPhones don't mix too well anyway! Plus I like to feel the light and judge how warm it's getting.

Thanks, yes rc40vnT on right although the phone does play with the colours a bit. Both are neutral, one is de-domed(Rc) and alone is a very nice beam. Side by sides and being on auto at time effected it a little. Both are around 5000k but different tints.

I will say the difference in out put is noticeable between them, even the throw is quite noticeable . X65vn is certainly an awesome package for anyone wanting a high output thrower.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for that. I'm guessing that the RC is dedomed ( is that correct?) so it can be a little green or yellow when put against a HI. Not noticeable until you put them together and compare. Personally I only notice really cool white or anything around 4000k or below! Everything in between is the same without a comparison! The camera lens certainly can be different to what we see too. [emoji4]

ven

Flashaholic
Yes the rc40vnT is xml2 PDT , against a white wall its a little towards the yellow side which is good to my eyes . The x65vn has xhp35 HI 5000k in.

drummer132132

Enlightened
Well after much debate I ordered spec 2 same as Ven. I was in the market for a big light and this one is very bright with crazy throw through sheer strength. I was thinking of going a different route but the tint of this is amazing. I hope in the end I made the right choice.

ven

Flashaholic
Congrats John , right now you can't do any brighter and further throwing from LED's(or to what I am aware of that can be bought).

Twice this light hurt me and by that I mean my eyes. We all read warnings about not looking into bright lights etc,even on low output stuff. One time was reflection of a wall,the other time was when I did the tail standing beam pics. As I went to grab the light, I got some of the lumens in my eyes and it actually hurt. I could not see for a good minute or so...... This has not happened to this extent with any other light over the years with a hit to the eyes!

If a light is deserved a warning or age rating.....the x65vn is the one!! This light requires no strobe , put it that way. One flash and what ever is at the other end ,will do a dying fly!

I know your concerned a little on run times and max ouput, but unless it's a seriously huge light,10,000+ lm is going to be too much. Still at 50% which is a lot of lights 100% lumen output, you would be able to sustain for much longer.

Its a beast, and very very impressive ! It's pretty much double the performance (more than in output)of the tk75vn killer throw lights which are amazing still today.....

drummer132132

Enlightened
Congrats John , right now you can't do any brighter and further throwing from LED's(or to what I am aware of that can be bought).

Twice this light hurt me and by that I mean my eyes. We all read warnings about not looking into bright lights etc,even on low output stuff. One time was reflection of a wall,the other time was when I did the tail standing beam pics. As I went to grab the light, I got some of the lumens in my eyes and it actually hurt. I could not see for a good minute or so...... This has not happened to this extent with any other light over the years with a hit to the eyes!

If a light is deserved a warning or age rating.....the x65vn is the one!! This light requires no strobe , put it that way. One flash and what ever is at the other end ,will do a dying fly!

I know your concerned a little on run times and max ouput, but unless it's a seriously huge light,10,000+ lm is going to be too much. Still at 50% which is a lot of lights 100% lumen output, you would be able to sustain for much longer.

Its a beast, and very very impressive ! It's pretty much double the performance (more than in output)of the tk75vn killer throw lights which are amazing still today.....

Yeah I'm thinking the same that it will double the performance of my TK75vnQ which will be insane. 50% equaling it's 100%. I'm guessing 4-8 minutes at that level maybe more due to a bigger mass. Hard to say. I am looking forward to its arrival. I'll be making a video of it comparing to my TK75vnQ, probably same spot where I made the K50vn video. Exciting!