ACEBEAM X70 @ 40,000 Lumens: Coming in June and new price.

UberFlashlights

Newly Enlightened
AceBeam X70 Center LED Smoking?

I went to skylumen's website and I saw this:

https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/x70vn-60-000-lumen-r

Recent Finding: Thrower LED when powered alone can not handle the high current and may literally smoke. When all LEDs are ON everything seem OK. Strongly recommend to always run light with all LEDs ON. At least this applies for Turbo. This applies to ALL lights modded or not.

Can anyone vouch if they have heard of this before or how we could find out even more from other sources as well? I just bought the light and this sounds dangerous and something Acebeam should fix? This is concerning for a $600.00 new light. I haven't found anything to date to confirm other than his sight so thought I'd ask you guys to see what you think.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Busa Dave

Newly Enlightened
Re: AceBeam X70 Center LED Smoking?

I went to skylumen's website and I saw this:

https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/x70vn-60-000-lumen-r

Recent Finding: Thrower LED when powered alone can not handle the high current and may literally smoke. When all LEDs are ON everything seem OK. Strongly recommend to always run light with all LEDs ON. At least this applies for Turbo. This applies to ALL lights modded or not.

Can anyone vouch if they have heard of this before or how we could find out even more from other sources as well? I just bought the light and this sounds dangerous and something Acebeam should fix? This is concerning for a $600.00 new light. I haven't found anything to date to confirm other than his sight so thought I'd ask you guys to see what you think.

Thanks.

Well I just bought one modified by Vinh and should be shipping soon. Go to his sub forum here and you will come to the unescapable conclusion that Vinh is about as good as they get. That being said you would be well served to heed his advice in this matter. Yes know this is an issue but do not care because there is a work around-----do not do it.

Last edited: