• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Ahorton's sales (Lenses, headlamps ...)

ahorton

Enlightened
Re: Ahorton's sales (Lenses, screws, headlamps, connectors, Silicone grease and more)

Just in time. I'll include another kit in the package.

You can either send the $35 to me and the shipping fee to DIWdiver. Or send the whole thing to him and he'll fix me up later.

Last edited:

RCantor

Enlightened
Re: Ahorton's sales (Lenses, screws, headlamps, connectors, Silicone grease and more)

Thanks! I already sent it all to him. I should have thought of sending it to you.

ahorton

Enlightened

...and sent!

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the offer, Ash. :) Glad to see we made the proper number after all.

Definitely looking forward to these items. The kit will first be tried in my car light since it's always in need of higher beam intensity around brightly lit suburbia, and the three lenses are for a triple XR-E project in a plastic housing w/computer fan.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the offer, Ash. :) Glad to see we made the proper number after all.

Definitely looking forward to these items. The kit will first be tried in my car light since it's always in need of higher beam intensity around brightly lit suburbia, and the three lenses are for a triple XR-E project in a plastic housing w/computer fan.

CAR LIGHT?!
please explain!! I'd like some Ash-pheric "driving lights"

I've used mine for spotting when 4wheeling out to a camp spot in friends range rover.

ahorton

Enlightened
No discount is planned I'm sorry.

I trust that the driving lights are not going to replace the standard headlights. Adding extras on would be ok. I'm working on a set of 100W aspheric driving lights myself. They won't be ready for a while though. Got to finish my running headlamp first.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
CAR LIGHT?!
please explain!! I'd like some Ash-pheric "driving lights"
Hoping to not be too boring here, but this probably isn't as cool as it might sound, especially to someone currently trying to beat a FETtie into the ground... lol. Just looking to give the SF 9P (with Dereelight 1.2A XR-E SMO drop-in) that lives in my car more ability to reach out and light something! An estimated 9000 lux just ain't cutting it.

BTW... love the name "Ash-pheric"!

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
;)
I've got some room in the JDM bumper on my vintage corolla GTS where I could add a couple SST90 aspherics.

Be fun in the fog here!

My car light is a even more boring mini123 cool white (ick) Mode skipper

Actually I'm pretty attached to that little light.

ASH-pheric TM!

It will certainly wake that 9p up!

My 11000 lux copper XRE easily doubled maybe tripled in throw!

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I arrived home this evening to find a special little bundle on my doorstep. Oh joy!

I've already played with one of my lenses - looks like it will work great in my next light!

Everyone's orders were bundled individually (thanks Ash) so all I had to do was drop them in a box and slap on a label. I'll drop them at the post office on my way to work in the morning. They should be arriving Saturday (Bimmerboy, who's close in NY) through the middle of next week (everyone else, who's not). Hopefully everyone should be getting an e-mail from USPS with a tracking number.

Thanks to everyone who participated. In the grand scheme it went very well and I'd be happy to do it again.

tlyon1022

Newly Enlightened
So I arrived home this evening to find a special little bundle on my doorstep. Oh joy!

I've already played with one of my lenses - looks like it will work great in my next light!

Everyone's orders were bundled individually (thanks Ash) so all I had to do was drop them in a box and slap on a label. I'll drop them at the post office on my way to work in the morning. They should be arriving Saturday (Bimmerboy, who's close in NY) through the middle of next week (everyone else, who's not). Hopefully everyone should be getting an e-mail from USPS with a tracking number.

Thanks to everyone who participated. In the grand scheme it went very well and I'd be happy to do it again.

Got my email, Thanks for putting the GB together and reminding those of us who had forgot to pay :D

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome news!

E-mail w/tracking number not received because I apparently haven't checked juno in over a year, and it stopped accepting new mail many moons ago. :sick2:

PM incoming!... lol.

tlyon1022

Newly Enlightened
Ahorton, DIWdiver, PM sent. Received my package today.... Look like USPS ruined part of my spacer kit.

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
That sucks. They made it from Australia to USA in an envelope, only to be crushed in a box in the US. Just goes to show you, Americans can ruin anything. PM sent.

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just goes to show you, Americans can ruin anything.
Primarily when it involves subsidized, quasi-governmental agencies, but otherwise we're pretty good. ;)

So, kit and lenses arrived yesterday, and after a bit of experimentation, got the kit nicely focused in a 9p which I'm about to take outside and test in a few minutes. However, I know I love the thing already. It's my first aspheric, and seeing the die image on the wall complete with grid lines and all... well, I'm happy.

Thank you so much, Ash and DIW!

ahorton

Enlightened
I'm still not sure how you managed to hang around CPF for 6 years, make 1700 posts and never play with an aspheric. I am however glad that I could supply your first!

Just a reminder that you'll need to focus it outside. I suggest being at least 10m from the wall when you focus it. Otherwise you don't get the best throw.

syc

Newly Enlightened
Lenses arrived the other day! Thanks for setting this up DIWdiver.