• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired !!! All Aviatrix and GlowFob Customers Please Read !!!

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
what a jerk. took on more than he could handle, absconded with other peoples money...does he really want royalties? that takes balls!

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just want my two-stage, two white, one amber Aviatrix or my money back (and a damn good explanation...) No communication from him is the worst of all. Communication would answer so many questions and/or give a glimmer of light, perhaps. Have the cajones to post in the thread that HE started and tell what is going on. And if he had internet problems, that is no excuse. Public libraries have FREE computers and FREE internet for patrons who have a FREE library card. Communicating through another CPF'er is quite an amateurish and non-professional way to do things. I am a patient person. I do not get angry easily or often. But Atomic Chicken has had my money and my product going on two years!!!

Last edited:

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
He made the joke he was Andrew Wynn, maybe he is.

No chance of that. I mean, not literally. I talked with Jason on the phone two or three times and he was definitely not AWR trying to pass himself off as another person. AWR can certainly do some things well, but that ain't one of them! His sentence structure and thought patterns have a VERY definite signature to them, believe you me. I know. I spent dozens of hours reading hundreds of AWR's posts, and have talked with him on the phone as well. He and Bawko are not literally the same person. Plus, AWR's circuit layout and electronics skills are nowhere near good enough to do something like the Aviatrix. His linear regulator HotDriver circuit is crude, inelegant, and amateurish compared to the aviatrix circuitry and layout.

No way are AWR and Bawko the same person.

But . . . that doesn't mean that they can't be put into the same category of modder/seller. I think Bawko was less disingenuous about things than AWR, but the end result was the same.

Sad.

dkk73

Newly Enlightened
Hello All,

I just recently bought an A2 and was disappointed to read about the history surrounding the Aviatrix.

I thought about trying to build one from scratch.

In my search for a similar solution, I came across this patent:
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/7434955/fulltext.html
(you can see the diagrams and get a PDF with a free registration)

Not sure if this is related or not to the previous work... Anyhow, I am wondering if anyone else has pursued parallel development?

Setting up a competing product for profit might be problematic legally, but I think a collaborative "open source" design sharing would likely not be.

Excited about the Onion Ring anyways!

Best regards,
(donning my asbestos suit)
David

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello All,

I just recently bought an A2 and was disappointed to read about the history surrounding the Aviatrix.

I thought about trying to build one from scratch.

In my search for a similar solution, I came across this patent:
http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/7434955/fulltext.html
(you can see the diagrams and get a PDF with a free registration)

Not sure if this is related or not to the previous work... Anyhow, I am wondering if anyone else has pursued parallel development?

Setting up a competing product for profit might be problematic legally, but I think a collaborative "open source" design sharing would likely not be.

Excited about the Onion Ring anyways!

Best regards,
(donning my asbestos suit)
David

Welcome to CPF. :welcome:

Check out this review from 2006. It is of the LRI Proton, which seems to be a more advanced version of the flashlight in the patent you linked. The idea is so old, it is new again. Take a look at the Inova Inforce LED if you want to see one of newest and most advanced.

dkk73

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to CPF. :welcome:

Check out this review from 2006. It is of the LRI Proton, which seems to be a more advanced version of the flashlight in the patent you linked. The idea is so old, it is new again. Take a look at the Inova Inforce LED if you want to see one of newest and most advanced.

Thank you! Good to be aboard. A lot of fascinating discussion on here!

It does look like I jumped the gun with that prior patent. Also found this subsequently:
http://www.embedded-computing.com/articles/condit/
Very direct application to an intelligent LED ring replacement. Heck, I even wonder if you can cannibalize the controller from another light if it has a usable activation sequence. I've never programmed a microcontroller before; not sure how expensive the programming hardware is. You would think there would be something straightforward available (PC-based, with a serial link). Another fun tangent, there.

The two flashlights you referred me to, the LRI Proton and Inova Inforce, both look like great designs. And, now I want an Inforce. :huh:
Looks pretty shock-proof if there is a direct Picatinny weapons mount.
Gotta pace myself. :eek:

Best,
David