• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ALL SOLD: Bi Pin Socket for MN lamp assembly (3rd Run)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwood

Enlightened
I'd be interested in another one or two if the spring tension / length is less this time. The spring tension for the stock MN lamps and other third party (like Lumens Factory) aren't nearly as much. I understand it increases contact area for better conduction, but I'd like it to be more convenient to use to reduce the chances of cross threading my KT4 heads when screwing them on.

-Ed

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be interested in another one or two if the spring tension / length is less this time. The spring tension for the stock MN lamps and other third party (like Lumens Factory) aren't nearly as much. I understand it increases contact area for better conduction, but I'd like it to be more convenient to use to reduce the chances of cross threading my KT4 heads when screwing them on.

-Ed

I agree with the above, I also have to push quite hard to screw the KT head on any of my suitable bodies and worry about thread damage. With the SF and LF lamps this is easier......so when can I have one for my 1185 bulb?? :)

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast

-Ed

Some people use Philips 5761 with these sockets which pulls about 5.5 Amps. Any thinner (softer) spring will melt or deform at this kind of current. I don't want to keep changing springs under warranty.
$urefire uses their custom made springs in quantity of thousands while I buy already existed spring in quantity of 100
Sorry, I can't do any better with this quantity and price.

Edwood

Enlightened
Some people use Philips 5761 with these sockets which pulls about 5.5 Amps. Any thinner (softer) spring will melt or deform at this kind of current. I don't want to keep changing springs under warranty.
$urefire uses their custom made springs in quantity of thousands while I buy already existed spring in quantity of 100
Sorry, I can't do any better with this quantity and price.

Can the spring be cut a little shorter? Another issue is the abrasive part on the bottom with the added pressure carves away at the inside of the bottom of the M6's inner taper. There are flakes of metal everywhere inside every time I remove the KT4 head.

-Ed

jslappa

Enlightened
EdWood,

Couldn't you snip a portion of the threads away, and then coat what's left of the abrasive spring with solder? Just a thought, as I may have to do that with my Megalennium when it shows up.

Edwood

Enlightened
EdWood,

Couldn't you snip a portion of the threads away, and then coat what's left of the abrasive spring with solder? Just a thought, as I may have to do that with my Megalennium when it shows up.

Not an easy task. It would be best to cut it at the top, not the bottom. but you'd have to remove the spring first, cut it, reshape it, then resolder it to the bi pin socket. voids any warranties of course, but it's more trouble than it's worth to me. I'm getting a Megalennium too, and it will probably end up being a dedicated Incan set up with this Bi Pin holder. So it won't be a big deal of it wearing away the inside.

-Ed

Cheesy

Newly Enlightened

-Ed

Do you want adding to the list? If so, how many?

For prospective purchasers, please note that a firm commitment to pre-pay is required.

Kev.

Cheesy

Newly Enlightened
List updated, I'll keep moving it to the end of the thread from now on.

Kev.

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
2 for me, please.

Same setup as previous springs, etc. FM. (If I need to adjust spring, I can cut and/or sand smooth, but have not noticed excessive metal flakes in mine.

Cheesy

Newly Enlightened
Pre-pay interest list, 50 serious buyers required.

List updated, see end of thread.

Kev.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts