Almost bought a new Jetbeam E01R USB rechargeable 1AAA, but it has mode memory mode.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
You can get these at the new Jetbeamstore.com
They also have a best offer thing.

I got this light as well as the E10R and the Jett-II. I'll be reviewing these three lights shortly on YouTube. They are all three pretty different, with the obvious similarity being... small lights.

The Jet-II is a tiny 16340/cr123A twisty light with a tripod mount on the butt of it. About 700 lumens max. It could be affixed to places that don't have light or electricity with that little mount. One could then reach over and twist it to "turn the light on".

The E10r and E01r are, as you know, internally rechargeable which is new for this style light. Charging works well on E10r with about .3A current on 14500. Haven't tried charging the E01r yet with my AAA Nimh cell. The UI is decent enough as stated by sambeaux2249. However, the worst thing, (to me) is turning off requires an almost full 2 seconds long press before light goes off. I'd have to say that's the overall biggest gripe I have with E10r and E01r. I find the look of these two lights to be clean and stylish for the price, but nothing too fancy. I'll come back here and link when I get my review uploaded.

LarcKen

Newly Enlightened
...The E10r and E01r are, as you know, internally rechargeable which is new for this style light. Charging works well on E10r with about .3A current on 14500. Haven't tried charging the E01r yet with my AAA Nimh cell. The UI is decent enough as stated by sambeaux2249. However, the worst thing, (to me) is turning off requires an almost full 2 seconds long press before light goes off. I'd have to say that's the overall biggest gripe I have with E10r and E01r. I find the look of these two lights to be clean and stylish for the price, but nothing too fancy. I'll come back here and link when I get my review uploaded.
Are you sure it takes almost 2 seconds to turn it off? Mine turned off at exactly 1 second

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
When i ordered mine it said it had a titanium bezel protector "Titanium ring protects bezel from damage", but where is it?, It`s not that tiny thing silver ring, how is that supposed to protect the bezel.

JETBeam even built a titanium ring into the bezel to give the electronics additional protection

John.

22EX0rT.jpg

sambeaux2249

Newly Enlightened
So, I'm seeing a new behavior and I hope it's just because I've run the battery down.

I know that this model has a relatively short runtime on high, 48 minutes... Now, if I put the flashlight on high, it lasts for 5-10 seconds, then fades to what looks like an identical output to medium. Cycling through modes looks like medium-medium-low... I'm charging the battery now, but I don't think I ran it long enough on high to kill the battery. I'll report back when I have a fully charged battery.

sambeaux2249

Newly Enlightened
So, I'm seeing a new behavior and I hope it's just because I've run the battery down.

I know that this model has a relatively short runtime on high, 48 minutes... Now, if I put the flashlight on high, it lasts for 5-10 seconds, then fades to what looks like an identical output to medium. Cycling through modes looks like medium-medium-low... I'm charging the battery now, but I don't think I ran it long enough on high to kill the battery. I'll report back when I have a fully charged battery.

Apparently, I did run the battery down that much. It's behaving as it should have a full charge.

LarcKen

Newly Enlightened
Just noticed that the internal charger only charged the battery to 50%. How is everybody else's internal charger doing?

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just noticed that the internal charger only charged the battery to 50%. How is everybody else's internal charger doing?

I just got mine today, I am an discharging a battery as i type this to do a charging test, OK discharge done, 0.9-1.0v battery still lights up bright in the E01R for how long i do not know.

Charging now using the USB 3.0 port on my notebook, usb meter shows 340ma being used, Well 387mah was used by the charger when the charging light went out, this is at 5v so it has to be reduced to 1.6v so the ma that went into the battery should be higher, I hope, It`s in my Opus C3100 discharging at 200ma at the moment.

EDIT: I only got 392mah from an 930mah Eneloop Pro this not good :(

EDIT:2 I got even less on my last charge/discharge 349mah :shakehead

I have created a thread on BLF to see if any other owners are having this problem.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/53616

John.

Last edited:

freeme

Enlightened
Does your USB meter shows any current readings after the indicator light is off?

I just got mine today, I am an discharging a battery as i type this to do a charging test, OK discharge done, 0.9-1.0v battery still lights up bright in the E01R for how long i do not know.

Charging now using the USB 3.0 port on my notebook, usb meter shows 340ma being used, Well 387mah was used by the charger when the charging light went out, this is at 5v so it has to be reduced to 1.6v so the ma that went into the battery should be higher, I hope, It`s in my Opus C3100 discharging at 200ma at the moment.

EDIT: I only got 392mah from an 930mah Eneloop Pro this not good :(

I have created a thread on BLF to see if any other owners are having this problem.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/53616

John.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does your USB meter shows any current readings after the indicator light is off?

I goes to 0 zero when the red charging light goes off.

When i connected the charging cable for the second time to see if the battery would charge any more it showed 340ma on my meter then about 30 seconds later it dropped to 220ma, and 30 seconds after that it went to 0ma and the red charging light went out.

John.

Last edited:

LarcKen

Newly Enlightened
I think it goes to 0 zero

When i connected the charging cable for the second time to see if the battery would charge any more it showed 340ma on my meter then about 30 seconds later it dropped to 220ma, and 30 seconds after that it went to 0ma and the red charging light went out.

John.

Those numbers are pretty similar to mine

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I had been using Eneloop Pro AAA 930mah and only getting around 400mah into the battery, even after 3 charge/recharge cycles.

So i tried an standard Enloop AAA 800mah and i am 487,471,539mah so doing better on the 800mah though the capacity`s are all over the place.

And the straight out of charger voltage is only 1.37v

John.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, it appears that it's better to charge the batteries outside of the light, rather than use the internal charger, in order to get a full charge.

The internal charger appears to be most useful for getting some charge into the light when you don't have another battery ready to go.