• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Aloha Don!

indadark

Newly Enlightened
I'm a new member to CPF and just wanted to say "Hi" to a fellow Maui resident. You do awesome work :thumbsup: Maybe we'll run into each other at Costco or the beach one day! :wave:

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a new member to CPF and just wanted to say "Hi" to a fellow Maui resident. You do awesome work :thumbsup: Maybe we'll run into each other at Costco or the beach one day! :wave:

When you start buying McGizmo's your shipping should be freaky fast! :devil:

Brian1911

Newly Enlightened
Its going to be like dealing drugs. They will have to meet and make the switch off, lol.

Barefootone

Enlightened

:welcome:,

Maybe you will get the opportunity to meet Don and really get infected by the McGizmo virus :naughty:.

Oh remember this if you get the McGizmo virus it will eat a big hole in your wallet :sick2:.

indadark

Newly Enlightened
Haha! I think you guys have me pegged already. I really like the McLux III Ti-PD with the crenelated Ti bezel and slotted PD. Are past designs ever re-released? I think one of these with a updated LE like the X-PG would be the bees knees! Has McGizmo moved away from using PD altogether and only doing mclicky's going forward?

Aloha,
InDaDark

fyrstormer

Banned
Past designs are not re-released, no. The PD lights are among the most functionally-unique flashlights ever made, but the only real advantage they had was a pressure-sensitive brightness switch. The PD lights depend on a driver board that is no longer available, and the newer lights provide one-hand operation in all situations, so the PD design was obsoleted a few years ago.

I'm not one to criticise if you want to hunt down a PD light, but I know from my own experience that the Haiku is a very satisfying light to use and admire, even if its clicky-switch is "boring" compared to the PD switch. Just knowing it will probably outlive your children is remarkable. Even the lense is so strong that you can clean it with a motorized wire brush and it won't be scratched.

Last edited:

indadark

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the back history. In retrospect I think it wasn't really the PD system which I was drawn to but the aesthetics in the design of the McLux III body and bezel. Don explained that releasing a light with a PD would be a technological step backwards and I'm not one to argue with an expert. But if a similar body and bezel were to be remade with modern LE and clicky tailcap I would definitely purchase it. :)

That said, I actually find nothing boring about the Haiku. Not even the clicky :)

84a061c2-2538-115f.jpg