Aluminum Mini CR2 impressions thread

Let It Bleed

Newly Enlightened
Arrgh, I was trying so hard to resist b/c I already have a Nitecore EZ CR2 and it's only a few months old. I know if I get a Mini CR2 that I will never use the EZ CR2 again. Oh well, I suppose I'm destined to have a pile of barely used lights. :sigh:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Arrgh, I was trying so hard to resist b/c I already have a Nitecore EZ CR2 and it's only a few months old. I know if I get a Mini CR2 that I will never use the EZ CR2 again. Oh well, I suppose I'm destined to have a pile of barely used lights. :sigh:
Don't worry, they're different creatures and can coexist quite well! I have a pile of MiNi's and yet have never taken my EZAAw from my back pocket, as I like it's additional throw, to the MiNi's floodier pattern.
The MiNi may replace your EZCR2 if you only want to carry one light, but I think they complement each other pretty nicely!

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only advantage to starting off on high mode was it was so much fun going through metal detectors and having the inspectors get blown away by them starting on high! Often looking right at the lens) LOL..
I imagine that would get the light confiscated these days since a bright light could be perceived as a weapon by a jumpy inspector.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
I imagine that would get the light confiscated these days since a bright light could be perceived as a weapon by a jumpy inspector.
Especially if you deploy it directly into his eye point-blank - "It's just a flashlight, see?!?!"

Dnva

Newly Enlightened
Good to see all the love for this light. I've had my Ti Mini CR2 in my pocket for a month or so and couldn't be happier. Aluminum Neutral Tint CR2 on order. I can't wait but I'm not sure it will replace my TI except as a backup.

cimino

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know if rechargeable li-ion CR2 cells would work OK in this kind of flashlight? I really like the form-factor but the thought of going chewing through primary CR2's all the time is also an issue for me.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love the form factor but you'd probably find me using RCR CR2s... :D

How do we convince AW that he needs to start producing protected RCR2's again? I believe there are certainly enough CR2 lights out there now with enough people using them to justify it. Many of us have multiple CR2 lights and use nothing but his batteries in all our other lights. Please AW....Please!
Smiley-Begging.gif

koubilaihan

Newly Enlightened
I am simply amazed by the amount of light produced by such a small light.
Whoever sees it doesn't believe it either.
I am not a heavy user, so I don't really mind for the costly cr2 configuration.
Usually the batteries on all my lights get drained from playing with them, rather than actually using them.:D

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anybody take a picture of it being open. Seems like the walls are thicker compared to the MiNi 123.

rayman

Let It Bleed

Newly Enlightened
burntoshine
would you rather have too many, or not enough? think about it... it's difficult to get just the right amount of flashlights, so always error on the side of too many.

kaichu dento
Don't worry, they're different creatures and can coexist quite well!
I like the way ya'll think!
I know I'm going to get it. Sometimes I delude myself into thinking I have some control over this new addiction. :laughing:

tucolino

Newly Enlightened
wow!!what a beauty of a light!!!

just got it this morning,and been playing with it all day.well,now it´s starting to get dark here.
can´t believe something so small can produce that much of light.
the treads are smooth,no problem with them.also pure white light,no purple or green.
like i said before holding one in my hand:love 47´s lights, the quarks and the mini aa and 123.but this little one is just perfect!!
thanks to dave and the team for making such an incredible little marvel.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everybody - I just want to say everytime I read a positive post it puts a smile on my face. I may not have the time to reply, but each of your reports mean a lot to me.

I don't think there is another cr2 sized light that puts out 180 lumens out the front yet. :p There may be some direct drive gems out there, but nothing with voltage regulation as well as all the various modes :p

Right now this is what I personally carry on my key chain :)

AILL

Newly Enlightened
You're sure your'e right in this forum?:p
I have several CR2 lights and I dont' use even one as EDC, just turn them on and off from time to time. And some additional CR2 lights are on the way to me from 4sevens.
It's not the usage that addicts you, it's the possession. "(What in the world shall I do with 4 Novatac's? I don't know, but I'm very satisfied to own them.)"

Andreas

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I like the way ya'll think!
I know I'm going to get it. Sometimes I delude myself into thinking I have some control over this new addiction. :laughing:
I've got both the Ti and aluminum here and they are not going anywhere!

Don't fool yourself into thinking you have no control though, I mean who do you think sends all those PayPals! :)