am i the only one who uses all his lights?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i play with thrm tgey bring me joy many nights youll find me in the woods walking with my lights bug smile on my face . i dont go to movies or concert or out to eat . my joy comes from my lights.

scout24

Flashaholic
There are some that I own that just get turned on once in a while, and wind up right back on the shelf. I think having a few just to look at is ok.

Byk and Owen- Way back in 2008 when a younger scout24 discovered CPF and started wanting new lights, I found out about Paypal. Opened an account. A bit later, I got the notice saying I had reached the spending limit of $5000 for an unverified account. I also learned Malkoff keeps your complete purchase history. But yes, the meter (and the pursuit) is still running... :crackup:

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I had enough flashlights to last 5 lifetimes…… before the 25% off Christmas sale at Maglite where I discovered Type 3 hard ano versions…… uh oh.

One day I ordered a light when everything you purchase was shipped at no charge. Thinking it may never happen again I ordered another one the next day. It worked out that UPS delivered both on the same day. I met the driver at his truck and he handed me two boxes. I handed one back and said "Merry Christmas". My garbage man got a Maglite, so did the recycling truck guy and the mail carrier.

So no I don't use every light I buy.

parang

Newly Enlightened
I have an i3E UV that I don't use much and two or three Petzl e+lites stashed away in some kits..

But I have three key chains with i3E Olights, a Black Diamond Ion headlamp and the copper i5T that I use daily.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only have a few lights...therefore they all get used for one purpose or another.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Between the horses and property, all of our lights get used on a regular basis.

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
Well I`v got 4 more lights I`ll be using now, I swapped the emitters out on a Lumintop Tool AA, Astrolux S1, OTR M3 Pro and a Sofirn SF11 this morning and I`m perfectly happy with them now :)

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
Good question, I bought them ages ago and don`t rem the exact details but I`m pretty sure it`s an XP-G2 in 3000-3200k on a 14mm mcpcb (that you have to file down), I just managed t get some time alone today to do them.
The reason was that I didn`t like the color temp of the LED that came with it, even though it was suposed to be neutral white it was still too Hot for my liking.

simonsays

Newly Enlightened
Good question, I bought them ages ago and don`t rem the exact details but I`m pretty sure it`s an XP-G2 in 3000-3200k on a 14mm mcpcb (that you have to file down), I just managed t get some time alone today to do them.
The reason was that I didn`t like the color temp of the LED that came with it, even though it was suposed to be neutral white it was still too Hot for my liking.
I'd quite like to do something similar to one of mine but I'm encountering a bit of an issue. The standard black anodised model I have comes apart no problem but the nice looking titanium/gold plated copper version that I got for Christmas appears to have been put together differently. I've ruined a pair of my wife's tweezers (not a popular action) and that retaining ring ain't budging.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
have you tried turning it the other direction? I`v had a light today that was like that and what I thought was loosening was actually tightening it! it`s probably worth investing in a pair of needle nose pliars, they`ll keep you alive longer! :D

simonsays

Newly Enlightened
have you tried turning it the other direction? I`v had a light today that was like that and what I thought was loosening was actually tightening it! it`s probably worth investing in a pair of needle nose pliars, they`ll keep you alive longer! :D
Ah.. Tried that after being caught out by the retaining ring on a Convoy tailswitch a few weeks ago. I've ordered a sturdier implement from Amazon and I'll try some firmer persuasion in the new year.

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
if you have any teflon spray (maybe WD40 will work too?), spray some gently onto a sheet of metal or plastic and dip a jewelers screwdriver into it and use what you picked up and put it on the PIL Tube junction so that it gets into the thread, a dozen tiny drops will be fine and just leave it a while. don`t spray directly because it`s messy and may get into your reflector and ruin it.
if it`s had thread lock it`ll help it keep moving once you get it started.

simonsays

Newly Enlightened
if you have any teflon spray (maybe WD40 will work too?), spray some gently onto a sheet of metal or plastic and dip a jewelers screwdriver into it and use what you picked up and put it on the PIL Tube junction so that it gets into the thread, a dozen tiny drops will be fine and just leave it a while. don`t spray directly because it`s messy and may get into your reflector and ruin it.
if it`s had thread lock it`ll help it keep moving once you get it started.
I shall give it a try and report back [emoji106]

Lumen83

Enlightened
I use most of mine from time to time. but I will admit I have a few that only come out when I am trying to impress the ladies...