Anduril 2 question

Sabrewulf

Newly Enlightened
I have 2 lights in anduril 2, and after a day or two, when I click, it only has momentary until I have to reset by unscrewing the battery.

I'm new to this UI and not sure what's going on.
One of the flashlights, I have to screw in a few times and make sure it's working by seeing if it shows aux as soon as it's being screwed in.

hamhanded

Enlightened
Andúril 2 has an auto lockout timer feature. Check for that first.
1664060861077.png

hamhanded

Enlightened
I now understand the significance of your forum handle. You've spent too much time looking at this image. I said the same thing after only 4 seconds:). No thanks. Not for me.
Andúril is very well made; the developers and contributors are clearly intelligent and dedicated. But most of the functionality of my Andúril 2 lights stays locked away and untouched after initial setup for exactly this reason. At least the common controls are easy enough to remember. Still, the lights themselves are rarely taken over simpler alternatives— mostly so I don't need to explain to others how to use a flashlight when they need to borrow it.

By the way, that's not even an "official" instruction guide. The readme that you can find in the Andúril codebase is. Someone just took it upon themselves to make a graphical representation which is much easier to reference.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Andúril is very well made; the developers and contributors are clearly intelligent and dedicated. But most of the functionality of my Andúril 2 lights stays locked away and untouched after initial setup for exactly this reason. At least the common controls are easy enough to remember. Still, the lights themselves are rarely taken over simpler alternatives— mostly so I don't need to explain to others how to use a flashlight when they need to borrow it.

By the way, that's not even an "official" instruction guide. The readme that you can find in the Andúril codebase is. Someone just took it upon themselves to make a graphical representation which is much easier to reference.
My remark(s) preceding that 'smiley face' thing were a (perhaps misguided) attempt at humor; which I suppose is a very subjective thing. I don't doubt the validity of a single word of anything in either of your posts in the context that you wrote them.

hamhanded

Enlightened
My remark(s) preceding that 'smiley face' thing were a (perhaps misguided) attempt at humor; which I suppose is a very subjective thing. I don't doubt the validity of a single word of anything in either of your posts in the context that you wrote them.
No worries, I didn't take it as anything but a joke! I completely agree about the dizziness of that chart but still have a ton of respect for that developer community.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wondering if a member here has the guile and gumption to make a linear user guide for this useful firmware. Imagine a proud new owner, and use words and simple pictures(?) to go step by step for regular use. Then maybe one of those trouble shooting tables that has the most common hiccups first, with the solutions next to it.

Sabrewulf

Newly Enlightened
At first when I saw the diagram, I said 'hail no'. But it's making sense more and more.