• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Annoucements - Rant - Rave - Complaint - Feedback - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallyram

Newly Enlightened
Small pieces of wire that may have been tinned. Looks like what Vinh uses on the spring type terminals on battery carriers and light bodies. Maybe used elsewhere inside lights??

Light_Saber

Newly Enlightened
Vihn, On Thursday I received the TN32vn PDT in the mail. In appearance in looks like a TN31/32 hybrid... It looks like the head/control ring from the TN31 and the handle/battery carrier from TN32. I like it ... it suspect it may be one of only a handful in the world like it!! A rare gem. While I was waiting for the light to arrive, I tried to imagine what the performance would be like. I found myself envisioning crazy distant object I would be able to put some light on. I looked around when I drove to and from work thinking, "... yeah, I should be able to get some light on this... or that". I looked at beamshot threads over and over again and tried to digest commentary that went along with all the great photos. I have to tell you Vihn none of it prepared me for the reality of this light.

THIS THING IS INSANE!!

All of my imagination fell woefully short of the real performance of my TN32. A few hundred yards is peanuts for this thing. Normal .... even extraordinary flashlight performance withers in comparison to this light. ALL of the beamshots on the various threads on CPF while great still fall short of the reality. What really sent me over the top was the other night on the way home from work I stopped and shined across a farm field. I spied a farm silo in the distance. To my amazement I later found out via Google maps that the silo was just short of 1000yds away.

1000 YARDS!!

Needless to say ... I am quite happy with my purchase. Thanks, Vihn. First for creating my light and then for suggesting it ( I had been planning to buy a K40).

Hope everyone has a blessed Easter.

Light_Saber.

nuknuk

Newly Enlightened
Vihn, On Thursday I received the TN32vn PDT in the mail. In appearance in looks like a TN31/32 hybrid... It looks like the head/control ring from the TN31 and the handle/battery carrier from TN32. I like it ... it suspect it may be one of only a handful in the world like it!! A rare gem. While I was waiting for the light to arrive, I tried to imagine what the performance would be like. I found myself envisioning crazy distant object I would be able to put some light on. I looked around when I drove to and from work thinking, "... yeah, I should be able to get some light on this... or that". I looked at beamshot threads over and over again and tried to digest commentary that went along with all the great photos. I have to tell you Vihn none of it prepared me for the reality of this light.

THIS THING IS INSANE!!

All of my imagination fell woefully short of the real performance of my TN32. A few hundred yards is peanuts for this thing. Normal .... even extraordinary flashlight performance withers in comparison to this light. ALL of the beamshots on the various threads on CPF while great still fall short of the reality. What really sent me over the top was the other night on the way home from work I stopped and shined across a farm field. I spied a farm silo in the distance. To my amazement I later found out via Google maps that the silo was just short of 1000yds away.

1000 YARDS!!

Needless to say ... I am quite happy with my purchase. Thanks, Vihn. First for creating my light and then for suggesting it ( I had been planning to buy a K40).

Hope everyone has a blessed Easter.

Light_Saber.

Nice to read this i have sent Vinh my Tn32 for him to work his magic on it the torch was xcelent thrower before as a standard hard to beliave that it can throw alot more when modded Njoi your tn32 & your easter.
P.s will you be posting any photos beamshots etc

Light_Saber

Newly Enlightened
Nice to read this i have sent Vinh my Tn32 for him to work his magic on it the torch was xcelent thrower before as a standard hard to beliave that it can throw alot more when modded Njoi your tn32 & your easter.
P.s will you be posting any photos beamshots etc

The thing really is unreal.... I hope to post a few beamshots one of these days but as I said I'm afraid they will fall short. I will be looking forward to your impressions once you get yours back.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Vinh,

Member PCC is making some nice custom lenses on his lathe.

I remember u were looking for a nicer lens for the FatMax.

Just sayin.

nuknuk

Newly Enlightened
The thing really is unreal.... I hope to post a few beamshots one of these days but as I said I'm afraid they will fall short. I will be looking forward to your impressions once you get yours back.

Would you say this torch would out throw the Tn31vn ?

metalhead69

Enlightened
On my D25cvn should I be able to see a difference in high and turbo? I'm using an Efest 16340 imr. I can't see any difference.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't either. Just a flicker when switching

I use the same cells

Oh and with a 20r I can see a third mode on my c20cvn. It's just like the d25cvn. It's the same brightness as turbo, but it definitely there. However with a keep power it's only two like it's supposed to be.

star_c_star

Enlightened
All, I am about to purchase six AW protected 3400 mAH batteries for my newly-acquired X60vn. The X60vn won't arrive for awhile.

These AW's work very well in the TK61vn. Has anyone had any issues with the 3400 mAH AW's in their X60vn, be it poor fit, protection kicking in too early, too much resistance, etc?

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I played with the waiven collar and did noticed a brighter focus. Interesting how it works...

keefd

Newly Enlightened
Any chance for more X60s? :D

I'm just thinking out loud, but if I were to get a light to have modded later, should I get a 2600L TK-75 for $145 (locally), a 2900L TK-75 for $160, or an Eye40 for $170? Just curious.

I'm already signed up for an MM15vn, so I got massive flood covered, I was thinking about massive lumens next. Not really wanting a pure thrower right now.

Thanks all!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Not unless I order 60 X60vn We are pretty much Sold Out of the High powered X60vn ... :-(

Get the TK75 for $145. Get bored with it then mod it to KT PDT later

Any chance for more X60s? :D

I'm just thinking out loud, but if I were to get a light to have modded later, should I get a 2600L TK-75 for $145 (locally), a 2900L TK-75 for $160, or an Eye40 for $170? Just curious.

I'm already signed up for an MM15vn, so I got massive flood covered, I was thinking about massive lumens next. Not really wanting a pure thrower right now.

Thanks all!

keefd

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Vinh!
I was heavily leaning to either TK75 as it has an available extension kit that slightly more than doubles runtime, and halves the amp drain per cell (but doubles the cells).

I was hesitant on the 2600L TK as I had heard it was harder/not as good to modify. Buuuut, I can get it today... :naughty:

I also thought about an M6, but I really want another high-quality light - I got a Fandyfire Warrior, so I got cheap/powerful covered. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.