• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Annoucements - Rant - Rave - Complaint - Feedback - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've checked and carried tons of times w no problems either - but never had a light larger than single 18650.

Last edited:

y260

Enlightened
Well, the RC40 is big enough where I think they could claim you could use it as a blunt instrument.

I believe the policy is any tool under 7 inches is OK for carry-on. But I figure that if you have something menacing looking (no matter the length) it's gonna get taken.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lmao. The polite picketer.

Not 'right now' huh?

What do we want?!

_____!

When do we want it?!

'at your earliest convenience!!!!'

lightdelight

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty bummed out about getting my light stolen yesterday - granted I left it on my bike accidentally. It was an sc600 w/ 4000k xml. Chances are the thief won't even be able to recharge the batt once it dies out. Saving up for something similar now.

lumentia

Enlightened
Ugh, that sucks. Thief must've been a flashaholic to steal the light and leave the bike. Normal thieves would've stole the bike and thrown away the light when they couldn't figure out how to turn it on.
I'm pretty bummed out about getting my light stolen yesterday - granted I left it on my bike accidentally. It was an sc600 w/ 4000k xml. Chances are the thief won't even be able to recharge the batt once it dies out. Saving up for something similar now.

jgb

Newly Enlightened
Re: Rant - Rave - Complaint - Feedback - Stress Relieve

I am a fire fighter from Melbourne Australia and am looking for a torch I can use in harsh conditions at work.

What would it cost to send me a modded eagletac g25 c2 mkII with the filter kit. I like the filter kit on this model because I won't have to fumble to change/ store filters whilst at a call, if the need arises to change from one to the other, and the eagletac seems to have a good throw and is just 150mm long.(fits in pocket).

thanks

You can contact me at [email protected].

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want big throw in a pocket sized light, you may want to check out the eagtac s200cvn.
Much more throw than your current interest. Only thing Is no filter kit.

But wow does it throw!

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just wanted to mention again how outstanding Vinh is when it comes to customer service. I have had a couple issues (at least partly my fault) and he has gone above and beyond to help me out. He also has an amazingly quick turnaround time, if you do need repairs. I sent him a light, and received it back in a week. Two days to get there, two days to get back. You do the math - it was one-day service. Try getting that from ANY manufacturer, and you will be disappointed.

Personally, I don't always want the Vn version. Sometimes the stock brightness is plenty, and I don't feel modding is needed. But when I do buy a Vinh light, I do it with complete and total confidence. If ANYTHING is wrong, or even if you just don't like it, Vinh will do whatever it takes to make you happy. This is a rare thing, and should be more highly valued. Just want to say thank you Vinh! You are setting the standard. And it is a pleasure to buy from you...I hope to do so many more times in the future.

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want big throw in a pocket sized light, you may want to check out the eagtac s200cvn.
Much more throw than your current interest. Only thing Is no filter kit.

But wow does it throw!

It has a much wider head though. Gets uncomfortable to carry in your pocket quickly. The g25c2 is already borderline imo. I sold my VN modded one, and got the smaller tx25c2... I can't see every needing more throw than that indoors.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before I started using a nitecore mh25 holster for my s200cvn, I carried in my pocket. It was a tad fat at the bezel, but it wasn't uncomfortable or anything.
The holster does make it a whole lot more convenient though.
I figured the more throw the better with tons of smoke.

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I imagine decent spill is also a must though, and the s200cvn definitely won't do that as well as an XML light. Admittedly I haven't used a light in heavy smoke.

If going with a holstered light, might as well upgrade to a K40vn.

jgb

Newly Enlightened
T mack I have looked but I think the head is too big for my tunic pocket.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, infinitusequitas convinced me how poor my recommendation for you was for numerous reasons. lol ;)

I don't even want mine now!! Haha Jk

I don't know if I'd agree with the your holster theory. A large light in a holster is still a large light. A holster doesn't make every light the same to carry.
And I never recommended a holster, I said before I got one I Carried in my pocket.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.