Another phone with flashight.

shining

Newly Enlightened
I was going to buy a $500 flashlight commonly known as XDA Exec:)
It's flash is a two mode led weak for ilumination and strong for the flash itself. Someone even written an application to make it KISS and assigned a button to activate the flashlight. But, as one can see here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=33466&\
postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=\
flashlight&start=175
leaving the led on kills it in about 15 minutes - it becomes where green and weak. In the "flash" mode it just becomes slightly brighter and greener.

So my quest to find a good flashlight with integrated GSM phone remains:)

What are other options? I know that Sony-Ericsson K750/W800 has somewhat strong flashlight? Does anybody know which leds it use? Also Motorola A910 claims to
have luxeon leds. Did anybody use it as flashlight? Other opinions?

RebelRAM

Enlightened
Most any cell phone with a good backlight display will work as a light. I had a co-worker that recently got back from a trip where she had a power outage in a hotel. She used her cell phone as a flashlight. She just had to keep hitting the clear button on it to keep the display lit.

shining

Newly Enlightened
No, I am interested in a phone with REAL led flashlight. According to some reviews (I don't have it) Sony Ericsson K750i has relatively bright flashlight, about 0.5W and people left it burning for 12 hours. Seems to be a really capable nice small flashlight:)

There is also Nokia 5140 having a couple of Nichias (togather with digital compas etc.).

Couldn't find on the net experiences with Motorola A910 with it's Luxeon flash.

Norm

Retired Administrator
shining said:
No, I am interested in a phone with REAL led flashlight. According to some reviews (I don't have it) Sony Ericsson K750i has relatively bright flashlight, about 0.5W and people left it burning for 12 hours. Seems to be a really capable nice small flashlight:)

There is also Nokia 5140 having a couple of Nichias (togather with digital compas etc.).

Couldn't find on the net experiences with Motorola A910 with it's Luxeon flash.

With Sony Ericsson you can turn the LED that the camera uses as a flash, go to camera mode and press #5 to turn the LED on and off works on my K700i. should work with other Sony Ericssons as well.

Stormdrane

Enlightened
My Sony/Ericsson w600i has an LED light. It provides what I'd call a dim flood, but when used with the camera, it brightens just when taking a photo and then goes back to the dim mode.

Lightbringer

Newly Enlightened
I got the Nokia 5140 with GPS module. The light is decent enough in total darkness, I've used it to walk up stairs at home and look for stuff in my car. Hasn't really affected batt life too much, but I don't use it for extended times. Overall a good phone, I just wish it had bluetooth more than anything.