Any body get to try out the new nitecore tm28? Looks so enticing I wish I hadn't see

Onthebrightside

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to know if we have any proud owners of this new nitecore beast? If so I would love to know what you think. Thanks in advance. [emoji4]

Hail the Light

Newly Enlightened
Same here i was just checking the nitecore website and noticed the TM28 appear, I too have come here to find out, once it gets to bangood i am going to purchase. I was hoping with XHP35 emitters there would have been a better throw distance, everything else looks great.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
... ... ... I was hoping with XHP35 emitters there would have been a better throw distance... ... ...
The diameter of each of the individual non-overlapping reflectors is too small to achieve better throw distance and better total power.

Larger reflector wells that overlap, or smaller reflector wells that do not overlap? That is the question.

The latter provides for nice beam pattern without large petals. The former provides for more throw and more total lumens.

XHP35 is a very appealing emitter. I currently have a grand total of one XHP35 emitter, but I have nine more coming in two lights that I have ordered.

Nitecore and XHP35: It would be appropriate for Nitecore to produce a light similar to the TM16, with four XHP35 emitters. Very large head diameter with very large reflector well diameter would be nice.

Last edited:

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
I have one of these on order from Andrew-Amanda.com. I already have an Acebeam EC60 which I absolutely love. I'm expecting the TM28 to look like I'd imagine 3.5 of the EC60s smashed together would be. As richbuff said, the raw performance probably won't be as with an overlapping well style light, but the beam definitely has a very much more "purist", clean effect with the individual wells. Andrew-Amanda is the only flashlight site I know of that allows for best offers outside of our pals at ebay. I got mine here http://www.andrew-amanda.com/catalog/product/nitecore-tm28/ . I actually emailed them and heard back today. They are saying 10 more days until they have stock on hand and shipping out.

Gigaslux

Newly Enlightened
I have one of these on order from Andrew-Amanda.com. I already have an Acebeam EC60 which I absolutely love. I'm expecting the TM28 to look like I'd imagine 3.5 of the EC60s smashed together would be. As richbuff said, the raw performance probably won't be as with an overlapping well style light, but the beam definitely has a very much more "purist", clean effect with the individual wells. Andrew-Amanda is the only flashlight site I know of that allows for best offers outside of our pals at ebay. I got mine here http://www.andrew-amanda.com/catalog/product/nitecore-tm28/ . I actually emailed them and heard back today. They are saying 10 more days until they have stock on hand and shipping out.
Try this: www.lightmalls.com • much better than Andrew e Amanda about price. ;-)

Gigaslux

Newly Enlightened
The diameter of each of the individual non-overlapping reflectors is too small to achieve better throw distance and better total power.

Larger reflector wells that overlap, or smaller reflector wells that do not overlap? That is the question.

The latter provides for nice beam pattern without large petals. The former provides for more throw and more total lumens.

XHP35 is a very appealing emitter. I currently have a grand total of one XHP35 emitter, but I have nine more coming in two lights that I have ordered.

Nitecore and XHP35: It would be appropriate for Nitecore to produce a light similar to the TM16, with four XHP35 emitters. Very large head diameter with very large reflector well diameter would be nice.

I fear you are right... sigh sigh...:mecry:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am in need of enlightenment. What exactly would be the benefit of using XHP35s over the XML HIs that the TM16GT currently uses?

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
The XHP35 Led is more efficient 172lm/w compaired to the XML 158lm/w. Also if driven hard the XHP will outperform the XML in terms of output. 1833lm compaired to the XML 1040lm

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Imagine a P30 with a 4" (11 cm) head diameter and 4" or larger reflector depth. There wouldn't be much spill, but it should really let one 'reach out and blind somebody'.

Latest posts