• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Any interest in a small 14K gold flashlight?

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I actually talked to one of the light makers a few years ago about doing some limited releases of his lights in silver, gold and platinum. Never went anywhere, but they would have been very sought after by those who could afford them had they made it to market.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually talked to one of the light makers a few years ago about doing some limited releases of his lights in silver, gold and platinum. Never went anywhere, but they would have been very sought after by those who could afford them had they made it to market.

Certainly if you could have talked Kato into making them, they would have been instant sales.

JJKTWO

Newly Enlightened
Thats exactly what i think. The custom knife market supports a few fine jewelry quality knife makers. I know many of those same buyers are here too. If you bought a titanium torch to match your Audemars Montoya you probably feel me. Dont get me wrong I still use a bored M2 almost every day. So the eight people I may have just offended, please dont troll me.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Certainly if you could have talked Kato into making them, they would have been instant sales.
It was a different maker, but he was actually to the point of sending me a plain version of light body and head so we could evaluate the pricing and viability. Platinum would have been predictably astronomical, as the process is much more difficult than that used for gold, not to mention the additional price for the metal itself and the finishing process.