Any love for DQG II? (smallest 1xAAA flashlight in existence)

beerwax

Enlightened
admin edit

mine is a green tint but its not a lime green, sort of an aqua green. its quite acceptable. i luv my dqg, i have 2 (1 spare) as the day will come when they are no longer available. nothing else comes close. everything else is bigger or has too many modes or the wrong beam profile.

Last edited by a moderator:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
mine is a green tint but its not a lime green, sort of an aqua green. its quite acceptable. i luv my dqg, i have 2 (1 spare) as the day will come when they are no longer available. nothing else comes close. everything else is bigger or has too many modes or the wrong beam profile.
I think there is a titanium version coming out soon.

stoli67

Enlightened
I have 5 of these.... all the warmer LED .... no green in mine....

Perhas it is just the cool ones that are greenish.

I have carrying one on each of my key rings since they arrived.... Nice light. I will be getting a Ti one when they are produced.

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 5 of these.... all the warmer LED .... no green in mine....

Perhas it is just the cool ones that are greenish.

i've had three cool and two warm, all a bit green. maybe its just my photographer's eye that sees it.

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Several posts have been remove or edited for violating or replying to posts that violated our rules 6 and 8. lets get it back on track so the thread can remain open.

mmace1

Enlightened
sort of an aqua green. its quite acceptable.

Exactly how I describe mine. That said - it's not a pure white. Sidenote: the beam profile is not a perfect circle - it's a bit er...lumpy. No-one notices this aside from a wall-hunter of course.

"Is there any U.S.-based supplier to buy this light from?"

Just brushed up on the rules, but they're (perhaps by necessity) a little vague. So anyone looking at this light - yes there is at least one US based dealer who has them in stock. Go over to CPFmarketplace, and use the Google search box. CNQualitygoods pops up a lot - but they're out of stock (and not-US based, of course). Will have to search through the results a bit.

^Acceptable? If so - no link, but could I have stated their name?

damn_hammer

Enlightened
i love mine. it replaced the Ti Preon I on my keychain. i have the neutral DQG II, and the tint is perfect. two faults. the first has been resolved already, but initial releases were picky about which aaa's worked. the second, ate an o-ring. unscrewed the head yesterday, and the o-ring was in pieces. does anyone know of a fix for the o-ring problem? i hope it's resolved on the Ti release, because i plan on gifting.