any news on the Copper PR-AR?

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
As you know, the copper PR-AR housings are completed with machining. I talked with my electronics guy and he is telling me two weeks. I have been trying to get things done quickly but he will not release anything until they are perfect.

I am working on 4 amps for the 14mm driver. I might only be able to get 3 amps since it is pretty small but I will shoot for 4. You can always deactivate High mode if you feel it is too much for the battery you intend to use.

If you have any questions please send me an e-mail. I don't get e-mails from CPF anymore about new postings.

Chrsi

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update 10/14/2013
Ok. Seems like we got the bugs worked out. Tested the light and it seems it drops out of regulation pretty quick using the AW-R123A Battery. The only reason this happens is because we are pulling so much from this little battery. Using the lower settings work really well as they don't pull as much. Using an AW IMR16340 battery should not have any problems with the 4amp draw.

New tail switches are getting made for these lights and they will also have less resistance than the original ones. Least amount of resistance is always a plus. These switches are being made as high current switches as well which should work great in our single SST-90 light.

It will take about two weeks for the new boards to get completed. As soon as the boards are finished I will let you know how long until I get the three working lights. Should only take about a week after that to populate the boards and have completed lights.

If you would like to contact me please send me an e-mail.

Chris

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is an update for all the ones patiently waiting for these.

As everyone has been waiting patiently, the firmware has been getting better. There are now a few more options when programming the light.

There is now a Tactical Momentary Mode that will be implemented into this light that was not there before.

I will have a PC version of the programmer and an online version.

The PC version can be downloaded from my website.

Here are some new features for programming. This goes for the Drop-ins and my PR-Series lights.

Up to 7-modes of programmability.

Basic Programmer
  • Hi
  • Med
  • Low
  • Custom (Between 1% - 100%)
  • Strobe
  • SOS
Advanced Programmer
  • Strobe
  • SOS
  • Mode Memory Enable
  • Tactical Mode Enable (Gives you a momentary function)
  • Custom Brightness 1 (1% - 100%)
  • Custom Brightness 2 (1% - 100%)
  • Custom Brightness 3 (1% - 100%)
  • Custom Brightness 4 (1% - 100%)

The website version does not have the advanced programming tab at the moment. The PC version is the first one to get the newest updates.

Chris

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello easilyled,

Just got off the phone with my electronics guy. I should be getting the parts by the end of the week. If they do come in I will spend the weekend building them up and they should be ready to ship early next week. keeping fingers crossed the parts do come in like I have been told.

Chris

easilyled

Flashaholic
Hello easilyled,

Just got off the phone with my electronics guy. I should be getting the parts by the end of the week. If they do come in I will spend the weekend building them up and they should be ready to ship early next week. keeping fingers crossed the parts do come in like I have been told.

Chris

EDIT: These are shipping now. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hurray! Shipping!

When you first install the battery it defaults to tactical mode. Just press the tail switch 11 times quickly and you will see it flash a couple of times letting you know that you are now in Standard mode (High/Med/Low/etc..) These are programmed with default being (High/Med/Low/Super Low/Mode Memory/Tactical). To enter back into tactical mode all you need to do is hold down the tail switch for a few seconds and you will see if flash a couple of times. Now you are back in tactical (Momentary) mode. 11 quick presses will get your out of tactical mode. I usually just keep pressing the tail switch till I see the light start to flash. This notifies you when you are out of tactical. I don't usually sit and count 11 presses. :)

Chris

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
For some reason I have an extra one. I am not sure why. Mine has been bead blasted so I know it is not the one I was keeping for myself. Maybe I just held of selling this one since I didn't have any ready at the time. I will see after all is done if I still have an extra one left. It is all built up and probably ready for a new home. It has been sitting here long enough. :)

easilyled

Flashaholic
Hurray! Shipping!

When you first install the battery it defaults to tactical mode. Just press the tail switch 11 times quickly and you will see it flash a couple of times letting you know that you are now in Standard mode (High/Med/Low/etc..) These are programmed with default being (High/Med/Low/Super Low/Mode Memory/Tactical). To enter back into tactical mode all you need to do is hold down the tail switch for a few seconds and you will see if flash a couple of times. Now you are back in tactical (Momentary) mode. 11 quick presses will get your out of tactical mode. I usually just keep pressing the tail switch till I see the light start to flash. This notifies you when you are out of tactical. I don't usually sit and count 11 presses. :)

Chris

Oh thanks! That's great news. :thumbsup:

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
woohoo! mine came today!

along with my other TnC lights...

copper-lights-tnc.jpg

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
For some reason I have an extra one. I am not sure why. Mine has been bead blasted so I know it is not the one I was keeping for myself. Maybe I just held of selling this one since I didn't have any ready at the time. I will see after all is done if I still have an extra one left. It is all built up and probably ready for a new home. It has been sitting here long enough.

Thanks for the amazing pictures guys.

Well... That one last light was just calling out to me. Just too good to pass up...
One thing led to another... And now, I've got a Copper PR-AR inbound. :D

Thanks, Chris!

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
Mine arrived today and first impressions are very good.
Machining is excellent as with all TNC products.
Beam is nice and very bright on high.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Further to my initial impressions, I have downloaded the desktop programmer from the Ogaz website and used the Advanced Programmer to change my UI to 3 custom levels with memory mode enabled (1%, 15%, 100%).

To my logarithmic eyes, this is a nice linear progression with a proper low level, a very bright high level and a medium level that appears in between.

I really like the versatility of the programming giving the user a valuable choice of settings including whether to enable memory mode or not and also enabling/disabling some other modes that I haven't tried out yet.

I like the fact that it also allows 4 customizable levels from 0-100%, something that I haven't seen often on many other programmable UIs.

Finally, once the software is downloaded, it is really simple and intuitive to use. If I find it straightforward, then believe me, it really is!!

Chris, I think you're on to a winner with these PR series lights coupled with your excellent machining, bullet-proof construction and the great optical characteristics of the beam. Well done. :thumbsup:

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the advanced programmer! got mine set at 1%, 20%, 50%, 100%. For my eyes, gives me the best variance between levels.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Chris! My Copper PR-AR has arrived safely in Singapore, along with its big Titanium companion. Like I've mentioned elsewhere, your workmanship is amazing! :wow:

This is my first complete copper light... Will be looking forward to getting more copper hosts in the future. :D
Thanks, Chris!