Anyone else excited for SC5 style headlamps?

_gm_

Newly Enlightened
Like the title says, I'm hoping/waiting for Zebralight to update their 1xAA headlamp range to match the flashlights. Seems like for me they hit the perfect mix of size, performance with good batteries, plus bail-out option with alkaline if you really get in a pinch.

Thoughts? I'm just getting into "nice" lights so might be way off base...

Cheers,
Gus

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Despite having a enough 1XAA headlamps for now I would consider buying a SC5w reconfigured for a headlamps. It's just such a good flashlight.

Swordforthelord

Newly Enlightened
That would be awesome. I'm not one bit squeamish about lithium ions but I do draw the line at strapping one to my forehead.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
What would be the difference between something like an SC5 in a headlamp and something they already make that is a very good headlamp the H52? All the specs seem about the same and also the same LED module.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
What would be the difference between something like an SC5 in a headlamp and something they already make that is a very good headlamp the H52? All the specs seem about the same and also the same LED module.
It has a much higher high mode on alkalines and Ni-MH, even a little higher than the H52 high on Li-Ion. The SC5 does not support Li-Ion either.

Swordforthelord

Newly Enlightened
I've long been hoping they'd do this but not having a headlamp is becoming a bit silly for me; with no "HC5" even on the the horizon, I'll probably get an H52w and just live with the lower output on NiMH's.

xzel87

Enlightened
I actually just got a H52w...aesthetics wise I prefer it over the sc5...if the sc5 was a headlamp it would be bigger than the h52w...one other thing, it will also be heavier on rechargeables since it does not take li-ion...doesn't seem to be a good thing for a headlamp.

500 lumen is nice however it isn't absolutely necessary in a headlamp, especially one running on AA cells - the runtime is horrendous in sustained Hi1... that's why we carry another light for portable sun duty.

However, having said all of the above, IF I had the money I wouldn't mind getting it JUST BECAUSE :hitit:... in fact I'd probably get one each of every ZL available...I'm a recent ZL convert and believer, that h52w is just that good in my eyes.

markr6

Flashaholic
Not enough power vs run time for me.

No kidding. If I had an "H5" headlamp, I would be in the dark...or changing batteries much too often. H600 models are lightweight and give insane runtime. If they did make an H5, they would really have to cut down on the bullet-proof...hell, bomb-proof construction like you see on the SC5. Usually I would love over-engineered gadgets, but for a 1xAA size and weight are usually a high priority.