Anyone know of a good charger for 1/2 D cells?

tjhabak

Enlightened
I have several sets of 1/2 D NIMH cells that I run in 2 D cell Mag mods. Does anyone know of a good charger that will work with 1/2 D cells without the need to use an adaptor or clumsily rig spacers? Thanks in advance.

filibuster

Enlightened
..charger that will work with 1/2 D cells without the need to use an adaptor or clumsily rig spacers?

A 1/2 D cell is about 1.4" (36mm) long which is about the same length as an RCR123A cell. So any of the chargers that can handle both NiMH D cells and lithium rechargeables should be able to charge a 1/2 D cell.

I like the XTAR VC4 charger, it's a four bay charger which can charge two regular sized D cells in the outside bays but the inner bays aren't wide enough to take a D sized battery.

If you want to charge four cells look at the XTAR VP4 Plus charger.

I'm afraid the two chargers recommended by the other posters don't support D sized batteries.

Last edited:

tjhabak

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies guys! I have the Gyrfalcon all 88. It will not charge D size cells. Unfortunately it barely works on C size or 26 mm cells. The way the contacts are designed, you have to put something on top of the batteries to weigh them down or they will just pop out of the slot. I may have to check out the Nitecores.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the replies guys! I have the Gyrfalcon all 88. It will not charge D size cells. Unfortunately it barely works on C size or 26 mm cells. The way the contacts are designed, you have to put something on top of the batteries to weigh them down or they will just pop out of the slot. I may have to check out the Nitecores.

Ooops! I guess I need to work on my reading comprehension skills.:ohgeez:

tjhabak

Enlightened
Ooops! I guess I need to work on my reading comprehension skills.:ohgeez:

No problem, Nitroz. It does say that it will charge D cells. I found out the hard way that it won't. Aside from that, and the C cell issue, it seems to be a pretty good charger.