Anything better than a Micra?

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Guys for the input. I was tempted to get the squirt at Costco. But when I checked it closely it looked like it was riveted instead of having those leatherman screws as pivots.

Decided to go with the good old Micra. B-T-W over the years I had already accumilated the Standard, PSII, Supertool, and KF4. I just wanted something for the keyring.

GregR

ssb

Newly Enlightened
Called Leatherman customer service to check - the Squirt does use rivets, though the tool has a 25 year warranty.

Micra will likely hold up better on a keyring, especially if it's beside an Arc AAA (which I've heard the HA treatment has a tendency to chew up the Squirt's anodized coating).

Frank

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ssb said:
Micra will likely hold up better on a keyring, especially if it's beside an Arc AAA (which I've heard the HA treatment has a tendency to chew up the Squirt's anodized coating).

[/ QUOTE ]I have an almost one year old Squirt and an Arc AAA on my keyring. The blue coating is pretty worn on the edges and there are a bunch of scratches on the tool. I still like it better than the micra. I think they improved the scissors. Mine seem to cut better than the Micras I had.

Bump, is there anything better than a Leatherman Micra in 2016? Specifically, a scissor based multi tool with a good knife on it under 100$?
I considered the Juice S2 but I heard the new version has cut costs and suffered as a result, so I fear I'll be disappointed. Plus the Micra scissors seem far superior from their size.

JasonJ

Newly Enlightened
Bump, is there anything better than a Leatherman Micra in 2016? Specifically, a scissor based multi tool with a good knife on it under 100$?
I considered the Juice S2 but I heard the new version has cut costs and suffered as a result, so I fear I'll be disappointed. Plus the Micra scissors seem far superior from their size.

I've recently started researching this for the same reason... so far, I keep coming back to the Micra. If you need scissors and a knife much more than you need pliers, it seems to be the way to go. I was thinking of buying a used Micra, Juice, and Squirt of various models on eBay... see how they are without spending a lot... then buying new for myself, gifting the used ones (or stashing away).

Latest posts