Anything new on the Cool Fall front?

Rudi

Enlightened
So Sad

It is very disappointing that this site has been completely abandoned, leaving flashoholics who shun social media completely in the dark.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: So Sad

It is very disappointing that this site has been completely abandoned, leaving flashoholics who shun social media completely in the dark.

It's the way of the times unfortunately. All about instant gratification with the rare post that has actual substance behind it, which is what social media provides so well. I feel even the "other" flashlight site is going through the same lull. I used to go there to read up on all of the technical geeky stuff, and there used to be so much contribution to those discussions. Now, it's just a few of the same people that contribute. No real innovation or advancement lately.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: So Sad

It's the way of the times unfortunately. All about instant gratification with the rare post that has actual substance behind it, which is what social media provides so well. I feel even the "other" flashlight site is going through the same lull. I used to go there to read up on all of the technical geeky stuff, and there used to be so much contribution to those discussions. Now, it's just a few of the same people that contribute. No real innovation or advancement lately.

Oh wait. I didn't realize you posted this in the Cool Fall forum.

There's not much development on Cool Fall social media either, so you're not missing out.

CigarPundit

Newly Enlightened
I'm not on FB, Twitter, Insta, etc. either, so I'm not criticizing; but forums are also social media. They're just not as insidiously invasive as the big SM platforms. Still, I often question my decision to leave FB, since I know full well that Google, Apple, Amazon, etc. have full dossiers on me, and I'm probably not accomplishing anything by not using FB in the big picture. A good buddy of mine hates the political/privacy/fake news aspects of FB too, but he uses it almost exclusively to follow his interests (watches, knives, cars, etc.), and he feels that's a good compromise, which it probably is. I may do this, but I will still refuse to have any of the big SM apps on my mobile devices.