Apple Watch

LedTed

Enlightened
Does anyone else think the "Taptic" actuator of the upcoming Apple Watch will help bring back Morse Code?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
A $400 AMOLED touchscreen accessory for a $300 artificial intelligence interface phone on an $80/1GB-a-month plan, and you think there will be telegraph keying involved?

ven

Flashaholic
Gimmick for me,however being apple it will sell well at 1st,queuing up all week to be the 1st................:shakehead then its just something else to remember,put on charge,then becomes a hindrance,left on side,then put on ebay,sold for 1/2 the $s paid and life goes on :laughing:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't buy it.

Buy the 2nd version next year.

Remember the 1st Gen iPad, or the 1st Gen iPod touch? Nowhere near as good as their 2nd gen versions.

The Apple Golden Rule - never buy a 1st gen product. It takes them a year to get it right.

As for hindrance - My Garmin Fenix needs charging at about the same rate as the Apple Watch will, so my habits are already in place. Still won't buy the 1st gen one though.

stockae92

Enlightened
I really don't need another device that I need to charge every day to keep it running. And its not like a phone which you can just leave it at the desk for charging (vs. the watch gotta come off the wrist for charging).

And then its not water proof? it is water resistant though. Its just not tough enough as a watch.

I have the (original) Pebble which is water proof to 5ATM (50M) and I only have to charge it once every 5 days when I wear it, its actually longer cause I wear it in rotation.

Maybe Apple can make a solar or kinetic module which would extend the battery life beyond 1 day ... :)