• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

AquaMule and AquaRam 18650 lights ** Terra versions added**

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
All, got my Aqua Ram. Gotta say, the ergonomics are special. I have been collecting and playing with lights for about 7 years now. This one feels great in the hand. Much better than boring old round.

I thought it was going to be bigger than it is. Really nice mid sized light.

Nice work Don!

eala

Last edited:

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
I wanted to chime in here after reading this thread, great job on these lights.
Some months ago I started to order a mule 119v I injured my back hauling a dish machine at work the day after so I had to cancel unfortunately.
I now have other obligations and I am not going to be in any serious water for at least 2 years so I am going to have to wait on ordering one of these for a while. :sigh:
Maybe I will get one eventually because I want to try getting into freediving someday.

Thanks for the interesting thread.

helios123

Enlightened
I really can't decide which emitter to get..If I like warmer tints, is the 119V the only option? What tint is Don using for the XPG2? Cheers!

easilyled

Flashaholic
I really can't decide which emitter to get..If I like warmer tints, is the 119V the only option? What tint is Don using for the XPG2? Cheers!

The tint on my XPG2 AquaRam ordered quite a long time ago was a glorious warmish tint with quite high CRI (IIRC, Don said the CRI on them was around 80)

LumensMaximus

Enlightened
Purchased the AquaRam when they first became avail with the XPG2, it's a warmish white if there's such a thing, perfect for my evening walks.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The XPG2 LED's I am using are of a warm/ neutral tint. Although I have replenished these LED's a couple times I have stuck with the same tint bin which has provided for good CRI and neutral (a bit warm to my eyes) tint.

HRace

Newly Enlightened
**deleted** found the answer to my question

Last edited:

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don, email sent for Aqua/Terra ram order! (I haven't decided which one yet) Anyone have both bodies, and can comment on the feel in hand?

HRace

Newly Enlightened
Post # 493 from PoliceScannerMan:
I own both, the Aqua in my opinion feels better in the hand and in the pocket. (Plus its shorter making it more pocket friendly) The Terra is easier to use however with a single handed click rather than the Aqua's two fisted twist. If I had to choose, I would go Aqua. The Aqua just looks cooler and feels more robust. With all that said I am glad I won both as they both have there niches in my collection.

HRace

Newly Enlightened
Is the flood area (spill angle) the same on the rams between the XP-G2 vs XM-L2? The XM-L2 has definitely been described as the floodier of the 2 but since they both use the same reflector, I'm trying to understand if the actual area illuminated by spill light is the same but the XM-L2 simply places more lumens in the spill portion of the beam or if the XM-L2 actually has a wider spill in its output. run4jc's review with beam shots of the XM-L2 aquaram definitely shows that the spill is wider than the haiku 3S with a 119V, I was just wondering if the XP-G2 shared that greater illlumimation area vs the haiku.

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a TerraRam with a XPG2, and the spill area is the same size as the spill on my Haiku. (XPL Hi led) I agree with others in that the tint on Don's XPG2's is the best I've seen! I almost prefer it the Nichia 119/219. Almost like a very white incandescent bulb.

transultimate

Newly Enlightened
I've been using the Aquaram as a dive light for about a year now, and I love it. On a recent dive trip, a fellow diver introduced me to the magic of using UV light to see the florescence of corals, especially on night dives. Amazing stuff.

Is the Aquaram available with a UV LED? Or any thoughts on making an LS27-like version of the 'ram with a visible light LED in the reflector with a ring of UVs as the floods? That, IMHO, would be the ultimate dive light.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I've been using the Aquaram as a dive light for about a year now, and I love it. On a recent dive trip, a fellow diver introduced me to the magic of using UV light to see the florescence of corals, especially on night dives. Amazing stuff.

Is the Aquaram available with a UV LED? Or any thoughts on making an LS27-like version of the 'ram with a visible light LED in the reflector with a ring of UVs as the floods? That, IMHO, would be the ultimate dive light.

I have an AquaMule in both 365 UV and Royal Blue. Both fluoresce the coral but some more than others. I think the research points to royal blue being a better choice? The AquaRam would be a viable host for either type as well.