Arc Flashlight Going Out of Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssb

Newly Enlightened
Gone for a week, check the forums & get a shocker. Knock me over with a feather.
I will relish my AAA's/ AA/ LSH-S, and I will use them. No other way to remember Arc than on a daily basis. Thanks for everything Peter - may the future be your paradise in whatever path you choose to pursue. You certainly deserve it.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter, Merri and all the ARC employees,

This is very sad, A company with a great vision, a great, unique prduct, well produced, is no more.

I hope everyone lands on their feet, hopefully even better themselves.

The world is a sadder place without the ARC AAA.

SUREFARC

Enlightened
I'm so sad to hear this Peter. Don't know what to say. Thank you everyone at ARC for your hard work and the products, we all flashaholics will remember you and cherish your lights forever. I wish you Peter, Merri and all the ARC employees the best of luck. Hope one day I can see ARC rise again.

oldtimer

Enlightened
I believe in karma.. people deserve what they get in life. They may believe that they're in the clear right now, but one of these days, they will feel the full brunt force of retribution.

My best wishes to all of you.

NickA

Newly Enlightened
Peter you and your company gave the best service to customers I have seen in a long time.

You will be missed.

I wish you and Merri the best of luck in all your future endeavours.

regards, Nick

pjenkins00

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
i'm so sorry to hear about this. what a terrible loss. good luck in the future, and may you succeed in any future indeavors. i know i'll always remember you guys.

Pete /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Luca

Newly Enlightened
The greatest loss to all flashoholics and the rest

Peter, Merri, Arc employees,

I'm sad to learn this tragic news. What could I add to all the nice things other people said about you than: it's true.

You guys raised the bar, YOU ARE WORLDCLASS. And I fricking mean it!

I will remember you everyday using my Arc AAA and LS.

Good luck to all of you!

Luca /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mac

Newly Enlightened
Re: The greatest loss to all flashoholics and the

A sad loss indeed. I have an Arc4 Rev1 and a LSH-P and have never had a problem with either.

fuelblender

Enlightened
Sorry to hear the news guys, you were good and you'll be missed by many. Enjoy the fact that you and your products are legends ... your lights will become more valued and valuable as time marches on. My ARC4+ #0017 has been PERFECT since day one. You made GOOD STUFF!!

hawgorn

Newly Enlightened
For a long time I admired ARC lights from distance, pondering which one(s) I should buy but never quite being able to decide. Then I saw Peter's first post at the top of this thread and there was no more time. Today arrived two AAA's and I'm left wondering what took me so long.

Zigzagjoe

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

My Arc will always be my EDC!

frogmonk

Newly Enlightened
I want to look at the positive side and praise Peter & Co. for their great impact in flashlight technology. This may not be the end of a chapter but the beginning of another. I can't wait!

Good luck and many blessings!

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Words fail me.

But a new member, Sixpointone made some very good comments: "...The feedback alone shows what quality people you are, and furthermore what a quality product that you produced. And, on a good side, you dared to follow a dream and a passion..."

Can't add much to that, but please remember that out of adversity comes strength and wisdom. I fully expect to see you back, not as before, but BETTER than ever, whether it be flashlights or something else.

Peter, Merri and the staff at Arc, I really feel for you, and wish you all good luck in future endeavors.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peter's commitment to customer service was exemplar and I found inspiring. The LSH set the standard for the world in regulation and reliability. However, there was a reason that Arc failed, make no mistake.

llvo

Enlightened
Thanks to Peter, Merri and all the members in ARC FLashlight LLC.

I'll continue to EDC my ARCAAA LE.
May God bless you all!

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
keithhr said:
Peter's commitment to customer service was exemplar and I found inspiring. The LSH set the standard for the world in regulation and reliability. However, there was a reason that Arc failed, make no mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup couldnt believe it when i found out why.

iceweasel

Newly Enlightened
What's difficult sometimes is to separate the quality of the product from the person who appears to embody it. It's somewhat akin to worshipping Ronald McDonald because you like burgers. Arc made great like lights. But like the old adage about the sausage factory, it seems most of us were blissfully unaware of what was being ground up to make those wonderful little lights and perhaps more to point, who was really behind making them.

Cheers to the Arc fans out there (he says holding one of his AAA's) and jeers to those who would unjustly trade on that product.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should have ordered more of those things... I traded my turquoise Arc AAA for an IBM Model M keyboard, another one I gave to my girlfriend at the time... I bought an LE for another girlfriend. I have two of the CPF editions (2001 and 2002, I believe), I wear a modded (by d'mo) LE around my neck. I have the Arc AAA-UV on my chain with my house and work keys. The pride of my collection is my Arc AAA in brass. Paid a princely sum for it-- but now I'm very glad that I have it.

Just wish I had a few more of any of the Arcs...

Interlude

Newly Enlightened
Farewell Arc, you folks got me into lights in the first place, and I've enjoyed every product you've put out since. You will be missed, but you'll live on as thousands of peoples' EDCs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

billp86

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for changing the way many folks think about LED flashlights.

Good Luck and God Bless

Status
Not open for further replies.