Armytek Wizard/Pro Thread

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, I bought this flashlight and I like it a lot. The only issue is the charging which seems strange sometimes... Even when the battery is under 4V, after connecting the charger plug (the tail cap unscrewed by 1/4 turn) it sometimes flashes between red and green light and I need to twist the plug a little or unplug few times to make it work. Also the charging current seems low, it is approximately 200mA. Does somebody here have the flashlight and can measure the charging current for me?

Hi jirik
I answer even if it's been a long time because it can be useful to other users.
When I bought the first Armytek Wizard I had the same doubts but then later I realized that this is normal.
(I bought more than one Wizard and tried various cables)
After unscrew the tailcap to 1/4, you must connect the white cable and then turn it slightly to see the red color appear - then avoid moving the cable until the end of charging.
The charging current is low, it is made of the tests, it is "high" if you unscrew the tailcap a little (in this case I measure 0,23 / 0,27 A) - if you unscrew too much the tailcap the charging can happen again but the current will be lower (0.15 / 0.16 A)
The magnetic charging is not perfect but if you are not in a hurry it is very convenient.
(sorry for the bad translation)

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I am working on a review of the USB wizard. I got 5.06V at .86A via magnetic charge using a 2A USB powerbank. However with a nearly full battery it charged at 5.16V at .20A. This is typical preformace with most 1A chargers.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am working on a review of the USB wizard. I got 5.06V at .86A via magnetic charge using a 2A USB powerbank. However with a nearly full battery it charged at 5.16V at .20A. This is typical preformace with most 1A chargers.

I found a confirmation of what you write
Using an Aukey powerbank (20000 mA) I get 5,10/5.13 V and I can see until 3,1/3.5 A (with Armytek battery at 50% charge level)

Using a good USB adapter (Rav Power 2,4 A) connected to the AC current I usually get 5.06 or 5.08 V and an approximate average of 0.23 / 0.27 A (If the battery is very low, I can also see 0.29 A)

In the future I want to try charging with the battery almost at zero level to see if I get a higher charge
I have noticed however that the value of A is larger with the battery at a low level, it decreases when the battery is charged.

fk8dib.gif
[/IMG]

Last edited:

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
is this the correct O ring size of Wizard Pro - V3 I think it is. thanks.

[FONT=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, .SFNSText-Regular, sans-serif]The diameter of Wizard Pro O ring is 2,3 cm or 0,9 inch[/FONT]
[FONT=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, .SFNSText-Regular, sans-serif]1mm Thick.[/FONT]

[FONT=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, .SFNSText-Regular, sans-serif]& where would it be on here; [/FONT]https://www.theoringstore.com/index.php?main_page=page_2

Last edited: