AW cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xak

Enlightened
Some of the most expensive recheargables are the AW brand. But, I had an AW 14500 roll of a table and when it struck the floor the black covering broke off the bottom of the battery, though it still functions fine is it dangerous having this stuff exposed?

I have an AW 17670 that no longer works. It was inside my flashlight when I dropped it from waist high and the battery no longer works. Did the protection circuit break or something?

If I find myself charging a battery once a week or so and not really using it enough to run it anywhere near being low, would an unprotected cell be more durable/reliable?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Some of the most expensive recheargables are the AW brand. But, I had an AW 14500 roll of a table and when it struck the floor the black covering broke off the bottom of the battery, though it still functions fine is it dangerous having this stuff exposed?

I have an AW 17670 that no longer works. It was inside my flashlight when I dropped it from waist high and the battery no longer works. Did the protection circuit break or something?

If I find myself charging a battery once a week or so and not really using it enough to run it anywhere near being low, would an unprotected cell be more durable/reliable?

Not sure why you double posted here and in the regular battery section, but I'll repeat my objection:

I don't think this is a question of the AW cells being cheap. Rather it is a question of you being careless, and expecting a circuit board on the bottom of a protected battery to not be damaged after you let it fall and strike the ground. That's not realistic, and should not show up in a thread like it is AW's responsibility to make an indestructable battery protection circuitboard, or else his products are "cheap."

There is harm, and an unfair impression your thread title and post does does to a very highly regarded reseller's reputation. If you had asked questions about the safety of cells you abused, I think you would find all of us trying to help you out. I now find it more important to defend AW's reputation and quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.