• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Bang(not so)good

deckofficer

Newly Enlightened
And another day has passed with no reply to my email. In all fairness, emails can get "lost" so today I sent another email. If I don't get a reply to either of these emails then I'll have to accept Banggood has washed their hands of my lost shipment.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm such a nice guy. If I don't hear from someone I send the message from another email address just to make sure. Then i start getting ticked

deckofficer

Newly Enlightened
I finally got a return email but like one of the earlier emails it left me wondering if they even understand English as they requested a video of a package that I never received. My return correspondence was that we already established that the shipment was never received, hence I can't take a video of a nonexistent package. On my reply I decided to include a translation into Chinese what I said. The reply to my email was made by someone who appeared to both understand English and speak English and Chief was in his title. He told me the batteries shipped on Feb 8 through standard parcel post and as such does not have a tracking number. He also stated that Banggood guarantees the customer shipment in a worse case scenario of 60 days. So he expects I will receive my shipment in the next 15 days which brings it to their 60 day promise. He asked me to email him in 15 days. This sounds promising.

nbp

Flashaholic
Hey, good news! Guess that's where that saying it was on a "slow boat to China" comes from. Or in this case, "from China". In any case, glad you got your stuff. 🙂

Manas

Newly Enlightened
I have some flashlight coming from banggood. With the amount of dedicated reviews and discount codes acting as free advertising, I have good hope for this.

It will never be as personal as getting an emisar, however I hope the QC is good.

rngwn

Newly Enlightened
The issue with battery shipment also happened to me as well, as the buyer and potentially as the seller.

All my battery orders from Aliexpress ended in dispute and refund. Some sellers don't even aware that the batteries are supposed to be shipped via surface only.

And the country I live in also have similar restriction, but arguably far worse. It's a criminal offense to ship a battery internationally using national postal service. The enforcement is also inconsistent, sometimes they only ban shipping batteries via AIR/SAL, sometimes they also ban surface shipments as well (citing that IATA somehow has the authority to ban surface shipment...wut?), and somehow they touted surface shipment as the way to ship battery internationally in the other press releases.... :crackup: