Barracuda. Search lights.

shrike2222

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Failed Armytek Barracuda v2 XP-L?

Barracuda v2 provides 1*18650 tube.
Is it same output with one 18650 battery? Or it is less dim than when it is running with two 18650 batteries?
Also with one 18650 battery, "Full" stabilization is still full or step down?

And what total weight of one 18650 tube?

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Re: Failed Armytek Barracuda v2 XP-L?

Barracuda v2 provides 1*18650 tube.
Is it same output with one 18650 battery? Or it is less dim than when it is running with two 18650 batteries?
Also with one 18650 battery, "Full" stabilization is still full or step down?

And what total weight of one 18650 tube?

1. Yes, it is the same.
2. Full stabilization.

Are you interested in total weight of single tube or a tube+head?

MX421

Enlightened
Hello,

So the same performance with one tube, but I'm assuming less runtime (roughly half)? was wondering if you are making the one cell tubes available separately. I'm assuming those fit older Barracudas.

Thanks,

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Hello,

So the same performance with one tube, but I'm assuming less runtime (roughly half)? was wondering if you are making the one cell tubes available separately. I'm assuming those fit older Barracudas.

Thanks,
1. Yes.

2. No, new tubes can not be used with old Barracuda.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic

Thanks for sharing :)

I honestly prefer the original design, probably in the minority with that. Can see the more concentrated hot spot of the xp-l Hi , but the original is not to be sniffed at and would be my choice for piece of mind.

With seeing off centred LED's and that many issues, any new AT is a no go for me. However i am enjoying the older and not give up yet.

I dont like being negative, but call it frustration! Like something that is dependable and very nice , then seems to become plagued with various issues.

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
I ordered the barracuda v2 pro xp-l hi from Andrew & Amanda last weekend. I hesitated a lot because of the quality of Armytek. I have the predator v3 pro xp-l hi and it is working perfecly. I hope to receive a barracuda without problems with a perfect centred led. I cross my finger.

ven

Flashaholic
I ordered the barracuda v2 pro xp-l hi from Andrew & Amanda last weekend. I hesitated a lot because of the quality of Armytek. I have the predator v3 pro xp-l hi and it is working perfecly. I hope to receive a barracuda without problems with a perfect centred led. I cross my finger.

Your backed up by a great shop with superb customer service from what i have seen/read and know from this. Look forward to impressions on this and after some time the durability inside the light. :thumbsup: The v1 is so tempting for me........

gyzmo2002

Enlightened

Received it today. Everything is working great. Perfect centred led, no scratches nor mechanical groove inside the reflector. This is my second Armytek and not the last.

The tubes that come with the Barracuda can be use on my Predator. Now, I can use the Predator with 2 cells. If I use the 2 cells tube with the Barracuda, I could use the 1 cell tube as a backup for my Predator.

Last edited:

Lumencrazy

Enlightened
Received it today. Everything is working great. Perfect centred led, no scratches nor mechanical groove inside the reflector. This is my second Armytek and not the last.

The tubes that come with the Barracuda can be use on my Predator. Now, I can use the Predator with 2 cells. If I use the 2 cells tube with the Barracuda, I could use the 1 cell tube as a backup for my Predator.

Great news. It is on my list. All of my Armyteks are V 2.5 Pros both the VIking and Predator Models and they are perfect. I have no reason to replace them. I just give Armytek about one year after they come out with a new light. By then all of the kinks have been worked out and I get a great problem-free light

Last edited:

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
Does the Barracuda v2 Pro has battery over-discharge protection circuit for unprotected batteries? On the website in the specs it is written no but there are a lot of mistakes in these specs.

Not supposed to have the firefly micro-mode, the strobe, auto memo of the last mode used but it is the same as my predator v3 and it has all them.

Lumencrazy

Enlightened
Since you are running two cells in series there is no way to monitor each cell individually. So you do need to use protected cells.

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
Since you are running two cells in series there is no way to monitor each cell individually. So you do need to use protected cells.

Thank you. But if I'm using it with one cell, I presume it has the same protection circuit as the Predator? Or probably not...

I wanted to do some test between ncr18650b (6A) protected, ncr18650ga protected (10A) (Evva3500mah) and LG mj1 (10A)unprotected. Unfortunately, the Evva doesn't fit because of the thickness.

In the Predator, there is no difference in output (tested with a luxmeter) between the LG and the 18650B. I will test them with 1 and 2 cells in the Barracuda soon. I will keep my Evva for my Nitecores.

Last edited:

LGT

Enlightened
The v2 XP-L warm I ordered arrived two days ago. The LED is perfectly centered and the reflector has no imperfections. Very satisfied with this purchase.
I used to have a v2 cool white, but lost it. So decided to go with the warm as a replacement light, and I'm glad I did.
The main use for this light is patrolling overhead lines during a power outage. So the use is infrequent but beneficial when needed. Which leads me to this, I am constantly WOWED by the throw this light has. Going into a dark basement does it no justice. The v2 is like a greyhound, it needs some room to stretch its legs.

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Thank you. But if I'm using it with one cell, I presume it has the same protection circuit as the Predator? Or probably not...

I wanted to do some test between ncr18650b (6A) protected, ncr18650ga protected (10A) (Evva3500mah) and LG mj1 (10A)unprotected. Unfortunately, the Evva doesn't fit because of the thickness.

In the Predator, there is no difference in output (tested with a luxmeter) between the LG and the 18650B. I will test them with 1 and 2 cells in the Barracuda soon. I will keep my Evva for my Nitecores.

I will clarify this informtion for you.
Sorry for a delay in the replying.

ArmyTek

Enlightened
The v2 XP-L warm I ordered arrived two days ago. The LED is perfectly centered and the reflector has no imperfections. Very satisfied with this purchase.
I used to have a v2 cool white, but lost it. So decided to go with the warm as a replacement light, and I'm glad I did.
The main use for this light is patrolling overhead lines during a power outage. So the use is infrequent but beneficial when needed. Which leads me to this, I am constantly WOWED by the throw this light has. Going into a dark basement does it no justice. The v2 is like a greyhound, it needs some room to stretch its legs.

Thank you for choosing our lights!

ArmyTek

Enlightened

Yes, you can use one cell in Barracuda with short body.

You know that using 2 uprotected batteries can cause flashlights` explosion.