BATTERY QUESTION

DYNO1

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone. I have a number of batteries which I try to keep in the packaging. When I use a battery I will try and close the package up to "seal" the package. I was given a storage battery case which stores a variety of different size batteries. My question is will batteries last less if I store batteries using this case in that manner ? I like the idea of the storage battery case however don't want to comprise the life of the battery

SYZYGY

Enlightened
i am inclined to say it doesn't matter, but what kind of battery

DYNO1

Newly Enlightened
i am inclined to say it doesn't matter, but what kind of battery
I should have mentioned the battery types. All alkaline batteries...AA, AAA, D, C and some 9 volt batteries

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone. I have a number of batteries which I try to keep in the packaging. When I use a battery I will try and close the package up to "seal" the package. I was given a storage battery case which stores a variety of different size batteries. My question is will batteries last less if I store batteries using this case in that manner ? I like the idea of the storage battery case however don't want to comprise the life of the battery
If it has no effect on the temperature of the battery, then it shouldn't make a difference. you want to keep batteries cool.

NiOOH

Enlightened
The batteries should be kept in a dry cool place. Packaging doesn't matter much, unless you keep them refrigerated and want to avoid condensation when taken out of the fridge.
I keep my AA/AAA NiMH at room temperature in plastic storage containers.