Benchmade griptilian thread!!!

mr.squatch

Enlightened
c26bffe7.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

My daily driver. Love my Wilkins grips, will buy more. As you can see, she gets used pretty heavily. Several times I thought she'd break but she's never let me down.

g

e1sbaer

Newly Enlightened
benchmade.jpg

Arrived today, benchmade 555HG.
Ordered via ebay. Still the best way for international orders in my experience.
Not sure if I will leave the clip on. For carrying it around in my pocket, it would be more comfortable without it I think.

hatman

Enlightened
I also have 3 different steels, and have run into very little practical differences between them. I don't think you can go wrong with a mini grip...

Is one of your steels the 440C? I ask because the next step up is twice the price of the 440C mini-Grips.

If there is no difference, I will definitely go with cheaper.

waynejitsu

Enlightened
Tubig,
Where did you get the grips?
If you make them, can you pm a quote or where I can get them, NICE!!!

WESBC

Newly Enlightened
Those are Wilkins grips that I purchased from Moore Cutlery. I have more pics of it on the previous page and on my blog.

DiverDn

Newly Enlightened
I just had to post a note, I was geocaching with a buddy over the weekend and he asked to see my knife. The next thing I know he was digging in the ground trying to do some maintenance on his geocache.

Last time I loan him my knife.

No chips or dings, so I just have to sharpen it and go on.

waynejitsu

Enlightened
Tubig- THANKS:)

I just had to post a note, I was geocaching with a buddy over the weekend and he asked to see my knife. The next thing I know he was digging in the ground trying to do some maintenance on his geocache.

Last time I loan him my knife.

No chips or dings, so I just have to sharpen it and go on.

When someone asks to borrow my knife, I ALWAYS ask "what do you plan to do with it" and "how long do you plan to use it".
Like you, I have had too many people think a knife is a pry-bat, screwdriver, scraper, etc.
It is a rare occasion someone uses my knife, LOL!

waynejitsu

Enlightened
Why do people like the Griptilian so much? It seems like any other knife, specially in the benchmade line with axis locks.

For me-
*Super smooth action,
*Fits perfectly in my hand,
*Comes in different sizes,
*Available with different blade configurations,
*Choice of several steel types (I have the 440C, 154CM,
D2, M2, M4, S30V and waiting for my pre-paid M390),
Choice of different color handles,
Not too big, not too small,

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yah, though more expensive than I had hoped. Which, is how everything pretty much goes. ;) Also, wish they still had orange in stock. I may have to put a WTB out some day for an orange set.

kwak

Enlightened
Does anyone know any other manufacturers of custom scales for the Ritter version of the Griptilian please?

I've tried Wilkins and cuscadi (Custom Division) but they're both out of stock for the full sized Griptilian.

NaturalMystic

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know any other manufacturers of custom scales for the Ritter version of the Griptilian please?

I've tried Wilkins and cuscadi (Custom Division) but they're both out of stock for the full sized Griptilian.

I can't speak for Wilkins but unless Luke at Cuscadi physically can't work I don't understand what the issue could be. He made my scales to order for my Mini Ritter last year. Based on my communication with him I got the impression that they were made to order.

kwak

Enlightened
I didn't realise Cuscadi made to order, thanks.
Not to keen on their scales though to be honest so i didn't look to hard.

Are there any other custom scale manufacturers that you guys recommend please?

HIDblue

Enlightened
Saw this in one of the earlier pages and thought, 'wow, what a great idea.' So, I took the blade from my new 550HG and stuck it on my Orange Gripty.