Best aaa powered flashlights

Dpark064

Newly Enlightened
Good morning everyone, are there any other aaa powered flashlights that are as good as the Maratac aaa? Copper with gitd =fancy.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to sound pedantic, but whenever I see someone use the word best in regards to a flashlight, I have to ask them to define makes determines best for them. That would be a big help to the rest of us in suggesting possibilities to you.

Give that statement, there are a lot of very good AAA lights besides the Maratac. Streamlight has the Microstream and Stylus Pro, Lumintop has the IYP365 and the various incarnations of the Tool. TerraLux makes the Lightstar 80, and Nitecore has several models in their T-series of lights. Those are just the ones I know off the top of my head. I am sure Fenix and probably Olight have some too. As you can see, there are a lot of possibilities within a large range of prices.

Most of the vendors websites will give you the option of selection lights by battery size as well.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want a copper 1xAAA, I think the Lumintop lights (like the Copper Tool and Worm) are better than the Maratac. The BIG thing is that you have an emitter choice - cool white or high CRI Nichia. The Maratac is only available with a cool white emitter. Also, you don't have to play CountryComm's games with limited availability and super expensive shipping.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The best? You cant ask for the best in the budget section :) But the best aaa must be the Liteflux lf2xt. Soo good that you must expect to pay ~250-300$ for a used light. It cost ~70$ new, but it's dicontinued. So if you want "the best" you got to pay for it. No other used aaa light reach theese prices. Have seen some fancy ones go for as mutch as 1000$ for a damascus version with trits and all the bling.

Snow White

Newly Enlightened
I think the ThruNite Ti4T is a very powerful and delicate flashlight, it possesses a titanium body with polished finish to feel good in the hand and look very fashionable.:grin2:

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ultratac K18 comes to mind, 360 lumens on lion!
Output / Runtime -- 10440 Battery
High
360 lumens / 20 minutes
Medium
80 lumens / 1.5 hours
Low
5 lumens / 15 hours
Output / Runtime -- AAA Alkaline Battery
High
110 lumens / 1 hour
Medium
25 lumens / 5.7 hours
Low
3 lumens / 45 hours
Length2.95 inches

dmattaponi

Enlightened
I don't know what is best but I recently purchased a few Thrunite Ti3' and think they are great little AAA lights that can easily serve on keychain or even as a stand alone EDC clipped to your pocket for people who want very small but functional edc gear.

lstmichel

Enlightened
Ultratac K18 comes to mind, 360 lumens on lion!
Output / Runtime -- 10440 Battery
High
360 lumens / 20 minutes
Medium
80 lumens / 1.5 hours
Low
5 lumens / 15 hours
Output / Runtime -- AAA Alkaline Battery
High
110 lumens / 1 hour
Medium
25 lumens / 5.7 hours
Low
3 lumens / 45 hours
Length
2.95 inches

I have 2 of these - one on my keychain and one in my fannypack (along with other EDC necessities)
they are the brightest AAA/10440 lights I could find - and are basically my everyday carry (non-traveling) lights.

Teobaldo

Newly Enlightened
I vote for the Ultratac K18 too. It's my keychain flashlight that replaced the Tank007 E09 (a good flashlight too). It does not weigh as much as I thought and I use it to move inside the house at night (with the excuse that turning on the lights would annoy others, heh, heh, heh). But the specs have an error: in low mode they are over 50 hours with an Eneloop (tested by me).

In addition, they sell a charger for 10440 with USB connector.