Best bang for the buck AAA/keychain light: $8 for 60 lumens?

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
read the reviews where the Thrunite T01 lanyard hole is paper thin and bends easily?

im looking for a keychain light and this wont do if the reviews are correct. :(

This is why I have selected a stainless steel Convoy Tiny. Thrunite T01 is made of aluminum. There are titanium models, but their prices are higher in times.

fstuff

Newly Enlightened
The jetbeam got memory, so it's one twist, and it turns on in the mode you always use. No need to skip modes. If you always use high, it will always turn on in high with the first twist.

now I'm leaning towards the jetbeam for $9 shipped.
better lanyard hole and it's actually cheaper than the thrunite t01 if you factor in shipping.

dmattaponi

Enlightened
The T01 is a nice light. I ordered 12 of them to give as Christmas present to dinner guests this year. I think you'll like it very much.

OCD

Enlightened
This question can be a bit subjective. For me, I would say The Thrunite Ti titanium. I started with a Maratac AAA sst and really liked it. I then wanted a clicky, so I picked up a Lumintop Tool. Great little light. I then found the Thrunite Ti christmas version that started in low mode (and has a very low firefly mode at that) and that's my most used mode on this light. I use it to navigate getting ready for bed after the wife has already gone to bed. I like that it will come on in low every time if I'm somewhere I don't want a lot of light...say a movie theater.

So everyone has differnt criteria and fortunately, there's enough different lights that most everyone can find one they like.

fstuff

Newly Enlightened
What about the ThruNite T01 125 lumens for $6.95 off the website?

No PWM, TIR lens and XPG2 even comes in neutral white.

got 1 at amazon when it was free shipping a few days ago.
6.95 shipped!

got it today. doesn't look like 125lumens? (fresh aaa battery)
not much brighter than my 50 lumens energizer headlamp at 5ft from the wall

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Using your eyes to see how many lumens something is, is really hard. When you compare beams at the wall, you prob mixing lux and lumens. Lux=how intense the light is. The consentration of light. Lumens= total light output. Try to do a celing bounce, and see what light will light up the room most. Shine the lights to the celing, and dont look at the beam, look at the floor. The one with most lumen will light up the whole room, and the floor best. Thats more or less the only way you can use your eyes to see what light got the most lumens. If you compare beams at a wall, you see who got the most lux.

fstuff

Newly Enlightened
Using your eyes to see how many lumens something is, is really hard. When you compare beams at the wall, you prob mixing lux and lumens. Lux=how intense the light is. The consentration of light. Lumens= total light output. Try to do a celing bounce, and see what light will light up the room most. Shine the lights to the celing, and dont look at the beam, look at the floor. The one with most lumen will light up the whole room, and the floor best. Thats more or less the only way you can use your eyes to see what light got the most lumens. If you compare beams at a wall, you see who got the most lux.
so lux is more useful measurement than lumens?