*** Best current "medical" pen light for my Bro-inlaw? ***

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
It may just be a flaw in the emitter, but my Nitecore has a subtle, but obvious, dark spot in the center. Quite odd and I'm not sure if that's normal for this light. I like the warmer tint on the Lumintop, though I wished the low was a tad brighter and wished it came on in low like the Nitecore does. That being said, I'm keeping the Lumintop and sending the Nitecore back. The Lumintop looks a bit fancier too with the gold colored accents.

LED_Power_Forums

Newly Enlightened
It may just be a flaw in the emitter, but my Nitecore has a subtle, but obvious, dark spot in the center. Quite odd and I'm not sure if that's normal for this light. I like the warmer tint on the Lumintop, though I wished the low was a tad brighter and wished it came on in low like the Nitecore does. That being said, I'm keeping the Lumintop and sending the Nitecore back. The Lumintop looks a bit fancier too with the gold colored accents.

I thought that is normal with nitecore? I've seen someone who mentioned about this before.

tubed

Enlightened
I've been an MD for a long time (and a light geek for a shorter time) and I have never worked with anything better than a Lumapower LM21.
Single AAA, inexpensive, very light, excellent grip (no one seems to be mentioning), - comes on with one click to 10 lumens for eyes. two more clicks and it blasts 300 lumens. I'm sure the others are good too. they did not exist when I purchased my first (and only LM21). the only down side of the LM21 is it's tint (not warm) but I personally think that is an over rated quality. Go for light, reliable, and easy operation.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait, how about Nextorch Dr. K3? Many seems to know lumintop and nitecore because of their use of nichia, but this k3 is specifically developed after getting input from 100 doctors. Simple 1 mode with 1 aaa and rid of blue light hazard as well. Small flood light reduce the probability of misdiagnose. From the review, almost all seems to be happy with their purchase. :kiss:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0191B45AO/?tag=cpf0b6-20

I really like my k3! however I will check out that Nitecore