Best flashlight brands ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

milehigher

Newly Enlightened
Is anyone familiar with the SOG dark energy lights they seem pricey for the stated specs anybody have experience or opinions on them ?

SonShine

Newly Enlightened
yes I wish the OP would give some specifics. Beyond the "fun with flashlights" thing... there is a serious side to this. I am in need of flashlight for hurricanes and other issues. I have 4 small Olights, but nothing in the realm of a X7 etc. After reading and reading and reading... I have narrowed it down to the Acebeam X45 or the X7. I like the X7R, but not being able to swap out the batteries in addition to the leaky charge port takes it off the list for ultimate survival tool.

Question : Drop forged steel drops the X7 from 50 ft and freezes it etc. Does any one know if the Acebeam X45 is almost as durable?

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
fenix does not belong anywhere near the word best. They copy everybody design and produce cheap lights that break. The only fenix light that ever worked is the e01 and even that works because is a ripoff design of the Arc AAA.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) turns on when you need it.
2) turns on when you want it to.
3) allows depleted cells to be swapped.
4) puts out light in darkness.
5) doesn't break if you drop it from waist high.
6) available at stores or online in case you lose yours.
7) can be obtained by trading money for it.
8) arrives already assembled.
9) made somewhere on planet earth
10) somebody fill this one in please...

You pretty much describing Surefire [emoji3]

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
fenix does not belong anywhere near the word best. They copy everybody design and produce cheap lights that break. The only fenix light that ever worked is the e01 and even that works because is a ripoff design of the Arc AAA.
Ahhhhh man, that was my favorite brand :mecry:. My favorite brands are the really good Chinese ones..........best bang for the buck in my opinion.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
The OP hasn't logged back in since the morning he posted this thread... Not sure he liked our answers!
I see that a lot on CPF these days which pretty much discourages me from answering questions from new beginners.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of the best and legendary brands is

JETBeam

( Or was. :D 😋 )

SonShine

Newly Enlightened
U'm afraid you need to be more specific Don.
Best at what? Reliability, throw, flood, runtime, portability, number of modes, programability and on and on and on.......
There's lots of lists on here for each of those virtues, you only have to look.
P

Peter... SINCE I am retired and have lots of time to pursue any interest, & after giving this much thought and reading for weeks on end & my EXPERIENCE WITH OLIGHT... this is my conclusion.

There are a number manufacturers of Flashlights that build numerous models that could fill most of the parameters you speak of. I think the OP wants to know from which manufactures one could buy any manner of iteration of LED Handheld light emitting that are safe, have good warranty, usable performance envelope..indeed most of the qualities that make for trusted tool.
While it is true there is no perfect light, it is also true that more than 1 or 2 manufacturers make very very good units. It is not easy to find a light that offers all possible performance. Yet today late summer of 2017, there a many good choices. I think it would be easier to list the manufactures that one should steer clear of.

IMHO, Olight ticks off most of the boxes on the pro side of why and what to buy.
For me the top of the list of important qualities is warranty and ease of getting repairs. I was able to actually talk to SEAN at Olight, and he told me that when lights are sent to the Georgia store location the turn around is in a few days. Olight is the only manufacture i know of that one can talk to a human and get info.

wjv

Enlightened
They copy everybody design and produce cheap lights that break.

Seriously???

I have yet to have one of my Fenix light break or die.

For a while they did not produced a whole lot of "new ideas", but it seems like they are starting to introduce some new lights again.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the OP wants to know from which manufactures one could buy any manner of iteration of LED Handheld light emitting that are safe, have good warranty, usable performance envelope..indeed most of the qualities that make for trusted tool.

I take your point, but as the OP has deserted us there's no way of telling.

Olight is the only manufacture i know of that one can talk to a human and get info.

In my experience you can talk to a human being at HDS, Malkoff and Oveready. Other manufacturers may also do this.
It's not a coincidence that these three are the only manufacturers I buy from.
P

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my experience you can talk to a human being at HDS, Malkoff and Oveready. Other manufacturers may also do this.
It's not a coincidence that these three are the only manufacturers I buy from.
P

No argument here, although one could also add Elzetta to your list. Well, at least if one were willing to leave a message and wait for a return call.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recently, Acebeam has been at the top of the game with utilizing the latest Emitters and revolutionizing flashlight design.

Keitho

Enlightened
Time for a mod to close this thread, obviously troll bait...OP still only has 1 post total.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Time for a mod to close this thread, obviously troll bait...OP still only has 1 post total.

This one flowed all peaceful like. I must say I really thought at some point the tone may have changed.
Bravo folks.

I still place Maglite in the list of solid flashlights. Not the newest tech, nor easy to reach customer service, but dollar for dollar the American built Maglite is still a good value.

archimedes

Flashaholic

Yes, agreed ... getting to that point.

I had a feeling that might happen :ironic:

How about this ? I close it for now, but OP is welcome to PM me to reopen, if their question hasn't been answered yet :shrug:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts