Best Pen Laser

Jack Daniels

Newly Enlightened
I've never had a good pen laser. I've only had cheap keychain lasers. Could someone direct me to a source for the best pen size lasers? I've just looked at the Calpac Laser page. There are so many sources, but I don't know much about these devices. I don't like cheap stuff, so I'm kind of doubtful about a $20 laser pen, but maybe that is where the high end technology is today. I'm not saying I want to spend $100 for one, but if I spent that, what would I be getting that is different from a $20 laser?

Also, I'm interested in a black pen laser that will produce a beam like a levelling beam, that you can see, rather than just put a spot on the wall.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a 2x AAA red laser art radio shack years ago and it's been thru hell since but it's still working very well.
I've always noticed that it produced a better beam then the little coin cell powered toy lasers.
As far as a "line" laser, I've seen them in several forms but can't recall a pen version.

bestellen

Newly Enlightened
I bought 2 of these pen and case sets. 1 for my daughter and 1 for for her boyfriend for their HS graduation. They both loved them.

thomas_kt

Newly Enlightened
The best laser pointers, by me, definitly LEADLIGHT. I had over 20 of these pointer, not even one EVER died :) (i just checked my emails, first one i bought in 2007.) They were 5mW and you could order "high specs" model that was around 30mW or so. I opened couple of them - much better quality of cristals, glass lens, brass holder was obviously glued with care not just like with left toe...and i still got one that i use every day ( that were popular "pot mod" models that you could easily mod by yourself to get higher output by changing current with pot through small pinhole under on/off button.
Link removed.

Last edited by a moderator: