Best place to buy Enerloops

bmoorhouse

Newly Enlightened
I did a search but only found very old posts about these things coming out, and though I know I have read more recent posts about them, I can't find any.

I know Ritz has them, but does anyone else? Or are the Hybrids that I can buy at Walmart as good?

Thanks,
Bob

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the Ray-O-Vac Hybrid cells, at $8.97 per 4-pack at Wal-Mart, beat the Eneloops on value and availablility. Even if they have a slightly higher self-discharge rate, my tests indicate that it will probably take 3 months or more for a 2100 mAh Hybrid cell to fall to a capacity lower than a 2000 mAh Eneloop cell - if it ever does.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
wasBlinded said:
I think the Ray-O-Vac Hybrid cells, at $8.97 per 4-pack at Wal-Mart, beat the Eneloops on value and availablility. Even if they have a slightly higher self-discharge rate, my tests indicate that it will probably take 3 months or more for a 2100 mAh Hybrid cell to fall to a capacity lower than a 2000 mAh Eneloop cell - if it ever does.

To answer your question, the last place I got them from was Thomas Distributing at about $11.70/4 pack AA's when I got 4 packs.

I wish I had bought more from HS Gregg when they were selling them for $8.00 a 4-Pack !!! I called and verified that they no longer have them in stock...but do carry them in their stores if one is near you.

bmoorhouse

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. I will probably just pick up a few Hybrids at Walmart then.

I unfortunately don't have a Circuit City or an HS Gregg near me. As for CircuitCity.com, their price is outrageous . . . I hope the store has them cheaper if you are buying them there.

coppertrail

Enlightened
bmoorhouse said:
Thanks. I will probably just pick up a few Hybrids at Walmart then.

I unfortunately don't have a Circuit City or an HS Gregg near me. As for CircuitCity.com, their price is outrageous . . . I hope the store has them cheaper if you are buying them there.
bmoorehouse - I sent you a PM . . .