Best Plastic 2C or 2D Host?

flight777

Newly Enlightened
What is a good plastic 2C or 2D cell light with a PR Bulb and acceptable reflector? I've seen the Responder 2C, but I don't care for the body clip on that model. The Mags are a bit too hard and heavy for my application. Thanks.

flight777

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone tried the Brinkmann Legend 2C or 2D lights? Do these have any advantages over their Mag counterparts? I know I said I was looking for plastic but these do have rubber on them and the head looks smaller, especially on the 2C.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Not sure if you want only incan, but I believe Lowes had a 2D LED plastic/rubber light for ~$13. It said 80 lumens and was located up near the front counter. I think it is yellow. So far nobody has bought one that I know of in CPF.

YAK-28

Enlightened
i have a few 3c lights that seem a little more sturdy than brightstar. the ones i have are from streamlight, uk and pelican. they all have clips that appear a bit more robust than than the brightstar i gifted to a friend at work.

dlrflyer

Newly Enlightened
What are you calling an acceptable reflector? I can't think of any lights with a metal reflector these days. If you are not looking to make a powerful hotwire, I've gotten good service from the new style Rayovac Industrial light. It has a faceted reflector to smooth the beam, which is adjustable. You can find these now at Walmart with the Black & Decker name for about $6 or $7. They even have versions with pivoting head. You can't go crazy with them, but you can run a pair of 3AA-D adaptors with a modest 5-cell bulb and get close to 150-200 lumens. But to be frank, you can still get PT Tec-40 for not a lot of cash. Very light and waterproof, do very well with a number of bulbs like a KPR139 on the high end, but for simplicity you can use a 3-cell krypton or 4-cell xenon.

Last edited: