Best small tent?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
You know me it can be ugly. But I want it to be dependable not leak and lightweight. It has to be big enough for me and my gear sleeping bag cameras stoves etc etc. Most my stuff is small including me lol

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty fond of my Northface Stormbreak 2 tent. It's been reliable for several years. Fairly quick to set up and tear down, has two vestibules and two doors (a must for an escape in bear country). Does excellent in wind and rain. No fiberglass poles (they shatter when bent in really cold temps.) On the low end of prices for one of the top few brands.

kbark2

Newly Enlightened
Funny thing... I was just about to recommend the Northface Stormbreak. I think mine is the 3 person version but it holds 1 person plus gear comfortably. I used mine for 2 weeks camping on the outer banks of N.C. and it held up to the non stop wind where other tents in our group broke and ended up being thrown in the dumpster on the way home.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm pretty fond of my Northface Stormbreak 2 tent. It's been reliable for several years. Fairly quick to set up and tear down, has two vestibules and two doors (a must for an escape in bear country). Does excellent in wind and rain. No fiberglass poles (they shatter when bent in really cold temps.) On the low end of prices for one of the top few brands.
+1 on that suggestion for a really good tent.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Cool that's the one I'll save for. I don't mind paying for quality long as it saves a porpoise. Spell check ya jerk do ya job. .

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Apparently he's considering living in a shed, down by the river!
(Sorry, Raggie; couldn't resist. All in good, harmless fun my friend.)

Edit: Darn typo.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
It's OK I have o idea why I get these thoughts had them all my life and in my head at the time if I didn't do it right away I'll miss my chance lol. But I working on just not listening to me lol

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
One type of four season tent:

IMG_3392.jpeg

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
If a person wants to get up off the ground, a hammock can work.

Gathered end hammocks work for some people but a bridge hammock offers more room, a generally flatter lay.

The Warbonnet Ridge runner is a nice option. Recently went full-on with a Haven Safari XL including an added Thermarest Base Camp mattress in addition to the Haven inflatable mattress. Really nice with 30 inch width, allowing a bent leg sleeping position (back, side and stomach)