is 65 inches to small for a tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
yeah it isnt to bad lol but so much stress dealing with all the details yesterday sucked had to ride my scooter from georgetown ga to gainesville ga doing so wanting to avoid highways it sucked so bad lol i was so in pain and stupid damn scotter range at top speed which you had to do to keepo from ebinr ran over was like 50 miles lol. there are road here you dont see gas staions for so very long loll. but now i got my real motorcylce home its way nicer. . but everyday is a new expense just for a example had this stuipid ceiling fan it had a light in the base not the normal light it was in base so wierd it had this ugly color drove me batyy and you coundt turn it off and leave fan on lol. i cant sleep unless its pure darkness got a new ceiling fan had to haul it on my motorcylce lol. but its nice its smart and so powerful. i figure buy something good then something bad twice. then had to rebuy everything even my pants and shoes tools etc etc.so now im a bit broke but ina a much nicer home nicer people new stuff no more walking a ps5 and a oled tv loll. even a new camera the rest is going to food storage and a huge supply even have a few generators both solar and gas . the water can get nutty here
Raggie, get yourself a comfortable sleep mask. Then it won't matter what lights are on. I use one and it's great, especially for sleeping in on the weekends.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Here is my television. I can't understand why people want a big screen.
It's been like 2 decades since we've gotten flat screen HDTVs. Honestly, even after a few months there was no way I was going back to a CRT. Between the bulk, and missing half the details, it's just an awful viewing experience.

I'm going to get an OLED as soon as the prices drop some more, although at least they're finally in the normal people price range. 65" is the biggest I'll consider. There just isn't any place in the house where I could sit far enough away to be able to see all of anything larger. Besides that, the larger the TV, the more the power consumption. 65" also seems to be an inflection point. Beyond that, prices start getting higher very fast.

Samsung is coming out with something called MicroLED. However, I can't imagine too many people having a living room where they can fit even the smallest 219" model, never mind the flagship 583" model. A comfortable viewing distance for the latter would be something like 60 to 80 feet, basically at least as long as our driveway. I don't even want to think about the power consumption, but it's safe to say it's kilowatts, lots of kilowatts.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
damn pic is mind blowing well worth it i dont do movie theatures or go out to eat or concerts i think i deserve this tv

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
damn pic is mind blowing well worth it i dont do movie theatures or go out to eat or concerts i think i deserve this tv
If you are going to get a big TV, get one too big for two people to easily carry. That way, it might get left behind if your house is burglarized. Insurance deductibles suck!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im lucky its crime free here sheriff dept is in site well i think they have 1 sherriff lol its gated and mostly old folks im the youngest and im old lol. a bit boreing but the people are so nice .i still installed a alarm system becuase of the hell hole i used to live in lol. crazy how this home is cheaper and way nicer. but its hot so hot lol think today it was like 97 degrees and so humid. but i went with s inverter ac someone on this site told me about so its cold in my house at least loll.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
I don't see any point in getting a TV bigger than 40". Having to crane my head to see the corners of the screen are not really my cup of tea.

Then again, I don't watch TV and rarely ever watch a movie and as such can't justify the investment, so I'm biased.

EDIT: Though if you have to watch the screen from afar, the bigger the better, naturally.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
cool keeping it and useing money to go solar already bought the wrong thing for my solar set up lol. damn my brain hates me i thought it was a solar generater where ya can plug ya stuff into but it was just what you plug into a gen to get more cpactity alone its useless

Mister Ed

Administrator
Staff member
This is an absolutely absurd thread and then takes an even more absurd twist with your desire by objectifying women specifically by race. You can stop that now, thank you kindly.

Status
Not open for further replies.