Best way to store a bunch of Surefire incandescent bulbs?

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
so I have some stock Surefire MN bulbs I need to store properly. Right now, they're just sitting on a shelf, but I'd prefer a good storage container. What do you guys do or use?

I realize I could get a Surefire "spares carrier" but that would only hold one bulb per carrier. Is there something I can buy (regardless of whether it's intended to store flashlight bulbs, I just want something that will work) to store my MN-series bulbs?

More specifically I'm referring to the MN10/MN11 and MN20/MN21 and soon some MA02 bulbs.

Thanks!

Paladin

Enlightened
Have you tried 35mm film holders. Some SF lamps fit them, and a cotton ball can provide a degree of protection. Paladin

m4a1usr

Enlightened
I got just the thing for you. I have a ton of small containers that will fit the MN10 sized lamp. Been thinking about selling them in batches but didn't think there would be too much interest. Each polypropylene container will hold one lamp perfectly. You want me to post pic?

stienke

Enlightened
Lumens Factory sells E Series and M Series Keeper Tubes , these have a perfect protection for your expensive bulbs , I use these also and I'm very satisfied.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried 35mm film holders. Some SF lamps fit them, and a cotton ball can provide a degree of protection. Paladin

+1

I use them with a small piece of left over pick-n-pluck foam (it always pays to keep your scraps!)

How about this Tobrien?

Those look like just the ticket for the N and MN style bulbs! :thumbsup:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Film canisters, used Lumens Factory containers, and Surefire spares carriers are all good options, but I generally only use this for lamps I'm storing for specific purpose, like something I EDC or have stored in a glove box or SHTF container.

I generally keep my used and new parts pulls in parts containers from hardware stores and the sealed ones in large plastic bins from retail stores.

stienke

Enlightened
Film canisters, used Lumens Factory containers, and Surefire spares carriers are all good options, but I generally only use this for lamps I'm storing for specific purpose, like something I EDC or have stored in a glove box or SHTF container.

I generally keep my used and new parts pulls in parts containers from hardware stores and the sealed ones in large plastic bins from retail stores.

Wow , you have a lot of spare bulbs!!! , that's a lot of money you keep in the boxes:eek:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been slowly hoarding over the years, but it increased when SF announced they were phasing out incans a few years ago. Now the only two incan lights Surefire still makes are the G2 Nitrolon and 6P Original. Sad times we are in... :(

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may have to pick up some of those Plano boxes. I've been using plano fishing tackle boxes for years. That would be great to store my random flashlight supplies in. And even batteries.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually do store batteries in Plano boxes as well, but mostly AA's and some AAA's. I've never found the cardboard boxes Surefire provides with their batteries lacking in any way for shelf storage.

Thomas distributing sells a really nice quality compact plastic battery carrier that holds 4 AA's. You can put AAA's in it also the long way.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just picked up one of those Plano 4-24 units off of ebay for $12 shipped. Wasn't really looking to make any more expendatures before friday but I just took a little inventory and realized that i've got a lot of small random parts in addition to a few older Welch Allyn bulbs. And I can't let anything happen to those. That and dummy cells, charging adapters, etc need a less crushable home than the plastic baggies i've got them in now. And i've got about 30 or so bulbs on the way that I managed to very much luck into.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried to think of where they would keep them in the store and I noticed a couple weeks ago that Walmart keeps them in sporting goods by the fishing tackle.

Yea, one big plastic divider box is way better than storing stuff in a drawer in a ton of plastic baggies. It's not worth it just to save a few $.

I'll keep lego parts in baggies in drawers, but not lamp assemblies. Now the only problem is, you'll never have enough bulbs!

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Not to be redundant but pelican case are nice a bit pricey but nice.
I keep a few for primary 123a's one for SF bulbs and a couple for my larger SF lights. They get beat around occasionally wet and dropped and they still hold up after years.

masterP

Newly Enlightened
I was going to stock up on P60 bulbs.....but they're almost impossible to find in Canada so I ordered a Malkoff M61 drop in (the older 260 lumen)

that wasn't easy to find in Canada either.....but I'd still like a few spare P60's to keep for an old 6Z I have.

still waiting for the M61 to come in the mail

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I, too, have a lot of SF tower LA's stored in 35 mm film containers. I don't think I've bought 35 mm film in the last decade and forget how long ago the world lamented the discontinuation of Kodachrome during the world's march to digitization. I question if it would be easy for anyone to accumulate 35 mm containers today. (btw, I'm old enough that many of my 35 mm containers are of the thin metal variety with screw-on caps.)

bartko09

Enlightened
I was going to stock up on P60 bulbs.....but they're almost impossible to find in Canada so I ordered a Malkoff M61 drop in (the older 260 lumen)

that wasn't easy to find in Canada either.....but I'd still like a few spare P60's to keep for an old 6Z I have.

still waiting for the M61 to come in the mail

Is there an embargo on Canada all of a sudden? Hahaha

But seriously I hear a lot of people saying they can't have things imported from the states