BLF A6 Half Press?

paojerokid

Newly Enlightened
Just got my BLF A6 in the mail now.
Does the Half Press really wont feel even a light click or I should feel the end of the half press before hearing the very audible Full Press Click? Its not the same with the Nitecore MH20 Half Press where you'll feel the end of the half press before finally hearing the audible long press click? Thank you.
And does it drain the battery if I turn on Memory Mode?

Last edited:

sgt253

Enlightened
A half press wont engage the "click". Its almost like a "tap" on the button. I hope you enjoy your light as much as I enjoy mine. I am really overjoyed by its versatility. I carry it every day.

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this thread is a week old now, but you never got an answer to your second question. Memory mode does not drain the battery. The light actually has "storage" in the microcontroller where the state of the light is written and saved, almost like a memory card or usb drive. There is no battery drain at all when its off, no matter if it has memory engaged or not. In fact there can't be because the switch it uses is mechanical, a completely broken contact when the light is off.

billcoe

Newly Enlightened
Yup, what he said goes for me too. It takes me a moment to remember the tap with the Budget Light Forum A6 light cause I usually have a Convoy S2 and I forget every time when I go back. Probably should stick to the BLF A6. They are remarkable flashlights.

paojerokid

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies... Now I know my blf a6 unit is good 👍