Warm-up time: <3 min
Temperature :18-30 ℃
Life:> 5000 hours
Warranty: 3 months
alivechat_orange.gif
Live chat by AliveChat

pyrokid3

Newly Enlightened
Blue lasers are harder and more expensive to produce. And they look really cool too :naughty:

RDZombie

Newly Enlightened
i didnt see the wavelength in the specs. wonder if its blu ray as in 405nm or blue dpss; 473?

Tachikoma

Enlightened
If you are practical with electronics you can build a 130mw Bluray laser pointer for about $350, just check some laser forums if you don't believe me :)

ajohnson

Newly Enlightened
i didnt see the wavelength in the specs. wonder if its blu ray as in 405nm or blue dpss; 473?
Based on the price and the "Blu-Ray" in the title, I'd have to assume direct 405nm. I'd think a handheld 473nm dpss would be more expensive.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I noticed that too...wavelength would be a ***VERY IMPORTANT*** parameter to show on a web page about...a...LASER. :shakehead

Yeah, and that's typical KD. :(

That thing look exactly like the Optotronis RPL too! I wonder if it's the same body with blueray guts in it.........?

VaThInK

Newly Enlightened
For the price, its beam diameter and physical construction, I would say it's definitely a cheap Chinese made 473nm portable DPSS laser. I don't think direct injected diodes can produce a beam as fine as 1.2mm, unless if that spec is a typo (never seen or heard one with a beam diameter that thin). And the big heatsink is needed to help dissipate the heat produced from the powerful pump diode due to poor efficiency for LBO crystals (it's a lot worse than KTP). The most powerful commonly available 405nm diodes don't need heatsink that huge. Direct injected laser diodes have fairly low heat dissipation compared to DPSS lasers. I might be wrong on this one but my common sense is saying otherwise :whistle:.

Cheers.

Last edited: