Brass SST-50 EDC 1st Run *Closed*

zwerky

Newly Enlightened
Just received my brass light and I love it. It's pretty hefty so most likely I won't be EDC'ing this one. But I'm glad to have it in my collection.

One question though, does the 1.4a version not usable with primary cr123? I put a 4sevens cr123 and it didn't seem to like it and started flickering. Then I tried an AW black rcr123 and it works like a charm now.

scout24

Flashaholic
Got mine on Saturday, warm 3-mode 1.4a high... I've owned a few of these in Ti and Al, this is by far my favorite yet. Warm is soooo nice! The 1.4 is nice and bright, and the brass is just beautiful... Thanks, Mac!

The Coach

Enlightened
One question though, does the 1.4a version not usable with primary cr123? I put a 4sevens cr123 and it didn't seem to like it and started flickering. Then I tried an AW black rcr123 and it works like a charm now.

I've got a Surefire primary in mine and it works just fine. It's the reason I went with the 1.4.

zwerky

Newly Enlightened
I've got a Surefire primary in mine and it works just fine. It's the reason I went with the 1.4.

hhmm, yeah that's what i thought...that's why on my second mac light i went with the 1.4, my first one is a 2.8 using the red aw rcr. i just ran out of my surefire primaries, too.

at least it's working perfectly on an rcr right now. i'll have to test out a surefire primary when i get some more.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light will be around 50% output using a CR123. It really depends on the Forward Voltage of the LED.

Mac

GLOCK18

Enlightened
I'm thinking of giving my light a high polish and then using ProtectaClear - Coating. Anyone ever use ProtectaClear - Coating

soli

Newly Enlightened

I noticed the same on mine (in low) although i'd have called it more blinking than flickering, Mac confirmed this is normal behaviour. The light will blink to indicate when the cell has hit 2.8v.

fishhead

Newly Enlightened
Mac - I've been trying to send you emails. I want to send you money and don't know where to send it to! Thanks.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
All Brass lights for the first run are now completed. I will be droping the remainder off to the post office tomorrow afternoon.

Thank Mac

easilyled

Flashaholic
My Brass SST-50 EDC arrived today Mac. It is flawless and you have absolutely nailed the focussing. Even though mine is the 6500K version, it is definitely not cold-white but more vanilla in color, which is great.

Here it is, pictured next to my Ti SST-50 EDC:-

IMG_2053.jpg

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
The perspective in the above picture is a bit misleading, I must admit. :)
The brass SST-50 is in fact slightly longer than the Ti one in any case though. :p

The Ti light was made in the 1st run of the SST-50 EDC series.
After that, I believe Mac used a slightly longer (deeper) reflector in order to improve the beam even more.

IMG_2056.jpg

scout24

Flashaholic
And here I thought you either washed yours like I did, :ohgeez: or ordered the XL brass version...:poke: :nana: :D The XL takes a Pila 150A, right?

easilyled

Flashaholic
And here I thought you either washed yours like I did, :ohgeez: or ordered the XL brass version...:poke: :nana: :D The XL takes a Pila 150A, right?

Scout, I was hoping that I wouldn't have to crop the Titanium light out the offending picture, but I can see that my photographic skills (or lack thereof) are going to be picked on until I do. :mecry: :D

Last edited:

The Coach

Enlightened
Easy guys, I was just making a joke. All this drama here lately has everyone on edge. Next time I'm in the gym, I'll run two 17's as punishment.

scout24

Flashaholic
No offense meant, and PM sent with an idea for Mac... :) Coach: I thought it was a good idea... PM incoming.

easilyled

Flashaholic
No offense meant, and PM sent with an idea for Mac... :) Coach: I thought it was a good idea... PM incoming.

I wasn't in the slightest bit offended, Coach or Scout.:buddies: Sorry if you thought I was. :ohgeez:

I knew you were gently teasing me and I was also joking by pretending to be offended, which I tried to show by placing a "cry" and then a "grin" emoticon after my reply. :D

So my attempt at humor is obviously just as unconvincing as my photographs. ;) :nana:

I was also poking fun at myself because I realize that my photography skills have a long way to go and sometimes inadvertently, they create a false impression.

At least I didn't use a bright purple, pink and orange table-cloth for a background this time though. That's one thing I've learned not to do.

Last edited: